Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 1 of 4)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 27, 2011
This is part one of a lecture titled 'Dying to Win' delivered by Dr. Robert Pape (professor of political science at the University of Chicago) at Duke University on March 23, 2011. This lecture was sponsored by the Muslim Life at Duke University.
From The University of Chicago website:
Dr. Robert Pape is professor of Political Science and director of the Program for International Politics at The University of Chicago. Dr. Pape specializes in international security affairs. His publications include the books Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism (Random House, 2005) and Bombing to Win: Air Power and Coercion in War (Cornell, 1996); Cutting the Fuse: The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop it (University of Chicago Press, September, 2010) ). and articles "Why Economic Sanctions Do Not Work" (International Security, 1997), "The Determinants of International Moral Action" (International Organization, 1999), "The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism" (American Political Science Review, August 2003), and "The True Worth of Air Power" (Foreign Affairs, March/April 2004).
He is director of the Chicago Project on Security and Terrorism, http://cpost.uchicago.edu.
His current work focuses on the origins of suicide terrorism and the logic of soft balancing in a unipolar world. His commentary on international security policy has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, New Republic, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, and the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, as well as on ABC, the BBC and NPR.
Produced by www.CheemaCommunications.com
Standard YouTube License
- 14:32 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 2 of 4)by Cheema Communications6,680 views
- 15:08 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study "Dying to Win" (Part 4 of 4)by Cheema Communications3,848 views
- 15:07 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 3 of 4)by Cheema Communications4,375 views
- 32:33 Sam Harris vs Robert Pape on Suicide Terrorismby ExposingTheism23,131 views
- 14:56 Part 2: Haroon Moghul on "Islamophobia: The New Face of Discrimination"by Cheema Communications640 views
- 14:52 Part 3: Haroon Moghul on "Islamophobia: The New Face of Discrimination"by Cheema Communications528 views
- 1:25:14 NIAC Panel: Experts Assess Baghdad Talksby NIACouncil2,114 views
- 40:41 Sam Harris BigThink (ALL)by ChristopherHitchslap49,420 views
- 13:52 Sam Harris vs Robert Pape on Religious Martyrdomby ExposingTheism3,965 views
- 56:58 NIAC Briefing: The Impact of Sanctions on Iran, the U.S., and the Global Economyby NIACouncil1,390 views
- 12:30 Matthew Handley | Islam Is A Peaceful Religion | Oxford Unionby OxfordUnion290,708 views
- 47:27 Free Market Enterprise and Investing: Casey Researchby Loyola Economics Club1,336 views
- 29:57 Dr. Zakir Naik Q & A (2)by سبحان الله استغفر الله17,890 views
- 59:12 Conversations with History: Robert Papeby University of California Television (UCTV)6,002 views
- 27:12 Mia Bloom: The New Face of Terrorism - Conversations from Penn Stateby wpsu1,034 views
- 14:17 Neil deGrasse Tyson Knows Allby David Pakman Show49,926 views
- 8:22 Ron Paul visits San Francisco, UC Berkeley - Local News Mashupby djgabrielpresents7,476 views
- 3:56 F.W. De Klerk: Do Sanctions Workby TheLegatumInstitute1,062 views
- 1:04:56 Bill Gates speaks at the University of Chicago on Giving Backby The University of Chicago8,794 views
- 1:21 Sam Harris - Discusses Mitt Romney and Mormonismby braincandy151,307 views
- Loading more suggestions...