Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 1 of 4)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 27, 2011
This is part one of a lecture titled 'Dying to Win' delivered by Dr. Robert Pape (professor of political science at the University of Chicago) at Duke University on March 23, 2011. This lecture was sponsored by the Muslim Life at Duke University.
From The University of Chicago website:
Dr. Robert Pape is professor of Political Science and director of the Program for International Politics at The University of Chicago. Dr. Pape specializes in international security affairs. His publications include the books Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism (Random House, 2005) and Bombing to Win: Air Power and Coercion in War (Cornell, 1996); Cutting the Fuse: The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop it (University of Chicago Press, September, 2010) ). and articles "Why Economic Sanctions Do Not Work" (International Security, 1997), "The Determinants of International Moral Action" (International Organization, 1999), "The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism" (American Political Science Review, August 2003), and "The True Worth of Air Power" (Foreign Affairs, March/April 2004).
He is director of the Chicago Project on Security and Terrorism, http://cpost.uchicago.edu.
His current work focuses on the origins of suicide terrorism and the logic of soft balancing in a unipolar world. His commentary on international security policy has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, New Republic, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, and the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, as well as on ABC, the BBC and NPR.
Produced by www.CheemaCommunications.com
Standard YouTube License
- 14:32 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 2 of 4)by CheemaCommTVFeatured 6,074
- 50:24 The BLOWBACK SYNDROME: Oil Wars and Overreachby eon3 42,751 views
- 15:07 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 3 of 4)by CheemaCommTV 3,979 views
- 59:12 Conversations with History: Robert Papeby UCtelevision 5,569 views
- 1:27:55 Cutting the Fuse - Robert Pape and Gov. Thomas Keanby NewAmericaFoundation 1,250 views
- 15:08 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study "Dying to Win" (Part 4 of 4)by CheemaCommTV 3,484 views
- 9:00 Gilad Atzmon on Lauren Booth's Remembering Palestine (Press TV) talking about BDS & Integrity.by Gilad Atzmon 3,851 views
- 21:09 What REALLY Makes Someone Become a Terrorist - The SHOCKING TRUTHby Neo ie 1,773 views
- 58:42 Conversations with History: Stephen M. Waltby UCtelevision 8,129 views
- 1:01:32 The contest for supremacy between the US and Chinaby IISSorg 512 views
- 55:53 IRAN Documentary Yesterday and Today : Rick Stevesby Ali Asadi 517,235 views
- 23:43 Andy Thomson on Suicide Terrorism Part 1 of 3by RationalResponse 45,634 views
- 1:25:14 NIAC Panel: Experts Assess Baghdad Talksby NIACouncil 1,928 views
- 42:09 Money, Banking and the Federal Reserveby Mises Institute Media 893,843 views
- 56:58 NIAC Briefing: The Impact of Sanctions on Iran, the U.S., and the Global Economyby NIACouncil 1,263 views
- 46:54 Prof. Robert Pape on the motivation of suicide terrorismby Eric21ND's channel 484 views
- 57:15 1. Introduction to Human Behavioral Biologyby Stanford University 380,365 views
- 1:29:28 Sugar: The Bitter Truthby UCTV, University of California Television 3,535,689 views
- 14:56 Part 2: Haroon Moghul on "Islamophobia: The New Face of Discrimination"by CheemaCommTV 582 views
- 2:12:03 (Official Movie) THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?by ThriveMovement 4,721,917 views
- Loading more suggestions...