U.S. Trade Policy and Job-Destroying Treaties, WTO & NAFTA
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 27, 2007
How can we solve our economic crisis if we keep sending all of our jobs to China and the third world? The subject in this pre-economic collapse interview might have seemed remote and esoteric even a year or two ago. Today it is hard to find anyone who doesn't know someone who lost their job, and a real recovery is impossible unless Americans buy American products made by American workers. Those who tell otherwise are as credible as those who claim the "emperer's new clothes are magnificent!
Policy analyst Jock Nash describes the effects of job-destroying treaties including the World Trade Organization (WTO), NAFTA and CAFTA; which have eliminated millions of American jobs, and transferred American wealth overseas. What happened to businesses in America being patriotic? Hiring Americans? Making safe products in America? "American" corporations now move manufacturing to China to escape pollution and safety laws and to exploit near-slave and sweatshop labor--that's not patriotic and that's not safe for consumers or good for the environment. Chinese toy workers make an average of 36 cents per hour in brutal conditions; no American worker's job is safe when competing with slave wages--unbtil American wages are brought down to Chinese slave wage levels. Big corporations have proved that every job that can't be outsourced to China will be "insourced" with low-paid 3rd-world immigrants. Will the U.S. still have a middle class in 10-20 years when all middle class jobs are gone?
The trade deficit increases every year. America loses 1% of it's wealth to foreign owners every year. Trade must be balanced, either with tariffs or other means; trade with China is mostly one-sided. The WTO prevents the US from taking the necessary steps to regulate commerce, yet the Constitution gives Congress, not foreign bureaucrats the ability to regulate trade. China reaps an additional 40% advantage from their currency devaluation. A great many Chinese companies are owned by the Chinese Army, thus American consumption profits China's war machine.
This is a classic edition of Conservative Roundtable, the nationally broadcast conservative television program hosted by Howard Phillips, and produced by The Conservative Caucus. Producer and trade policy analyst: Art Harman
Please visit our websites:
Subscribe and share! LIKE us on Facebook!
Click the "subscribe" button to receive notices when we add new programs. Our YouTube channel is http://www.youtube.com/TCCTV
Standard YouTube License
- 27:57 Restore American Manufacturing & Jobs to Rebuild the Economy! (Scrap NAFTA, WTO)by TCCTV3,791 views
- 27:56 NAFTA Superhighway Update - Must Watch!by TCCTV12,675 views
- 27:44 The Dangers of the North American Union by Jerome Corsi -- NAU SPP NWO NAFTAby TCCTV399,198 views
- 27:37 The History of NAFTA and the Council on Foreign Relationsby TCCTV21,518 views
- 52:46 El fin de Estados Unidosby Emmanuel R179,257 views
- 7:45 The American Outsourcing Epidemic_pt1by Jaime Gonzalez11,951 views
- 6:03 CNBC: Ron Paul's question makes Ben Bernake's voice quiverby RonPaulvsTyranny336,699 views
- 5:36 The Case to Strengthen U.S. Manufacturingby AmericanMfg9,348 views
- 2:48 US threatened to take military action against China over space missilesby DEFCONStudios161,529 views
- 8:37 Free Trade - is a lie, see the truthby Leslie Schwartz3,002 views
- 9:23 NAFTA: Ten Years of Broken Promisesby TeamsterPower37,181 views
- 46:05 Environmental Regulation and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)by The Film Archives19,977 views
- 14:44 How I earned $700 in under one hour with my free Binary Options Systemby Chris Morton75,714 views
- 5:22 Ron Paul on G-20 summit ~New Currency~by Dysmockeracy42,179 views
- 3:14 U.S. trade deficit continuing to growby OklahomaHorizonTV2,263 views
- 2:57 NAFTA Superhighwayby alma43454647164,010 views
- 3:45 Why WTO is Bad for Developing Countriesby ymataglenn13,759 views
- 1:10:44 Why the World Isn't Flatby NewAmericaFoundation59,734 views
- 1:32 Ralph Nader on International Trade, NAFTA, and the WTOby GLASSBOOTHdotORG10,987 views
- 9:59 Greenspan slammed on US free trade policiesby usjobsjobsjobs9,441 views
- Loading more suggestions...