IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - ROUND 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 8, 2011
AGIT/Turbo Zicatela Pro, presented by Found Boards, ID Boards, and Colorada Surf
Event 4 of 8, Mens Grand Slam Series
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
4-13 Aug 2011
PUERTO ESCONDIDO, Oaxaca / Mexico (Wednesday, Aug 8, 2011) - Round 2 was completed in 3-4 foot barreling peaks, ideal for technical tube riding a high-flying airs. With only one last chance to improve their rankings, some riders find themselves in a challenging position, requiring a win in Round 3 to progress, where as others can afford to relax as their position in the top half of the draw is secure.
Each rider receives 6 points for a win, 4points for 2nd place, 3 for a 3rd and only 1 point for 4th. This presents a task to accumulate enough points throughout Round 1, 2 and 3 to make it into the top 16, which advance out of the Leaderboard stage and into the final phase of the Grand Slam event.
Having won their Round 1 and 2 heats, 2 x World Champion, Jeff Hubbard, brother Dave Hubbard (HAW) and Brazilian powerhouse, Magno Oliviera are in a commanding lead with 12 points a piece. In the past two events, any rider with 10 or more points out of a possible 18 has made it into the top 16 and safely into Round 4. Any ties around on the 16th seed mark will be decided by the highest individual wave score of the 3 rounds.
Oliviera managed to score the first perfect 10 point ride of the event. Drawing a clean line through a long barrel and finishing it off with an impressive ARS to roll combination. Oliviera added "I was just having fun, and felt blessed. I did not do much, all I had to do was get in the barrel, those waves came towards me."
Jeff Hubbard, in an equally comfortable position, says he is excited for round 3. "I have two wins now, so the pressure is off for Round 3. I still want to win and surfing some great waves with three other guys out at Puerto is going to be sweet." Hubbard added.
2010 World Champion, Amaury Lavernhe (REU) managed to win his Round 2 heat today but still plans to improve his consistency. "My first wave I surfed pretty safe, then I realized that I needed to stop playing safe and go big," Lavernhe expressed, "I was a little upset with my second place yesterday. I really like to win all my heats. My next heat I want to give it my best."
Jake Stone (AUS) and Dave Winchester (AUS) both won their round 2 heats, earning them a total of 10 points out of a possible 18 putting them into a good position to qualify for the top 16.
Winchester added, "I hadn't had a win in 6 heats. I really needed this to take take the pressure off going into the 3rd round. I'm happy I can just chill today and not worry about tomorrow."
Trials winner, Sergio Alonzo (VEN) sits with a dangerous 7 point total as he prepares for round 3. Although Alonzo came away with an impressive win today, scoring a 9.25 for a long barrel, finished off with a big roll, he will have to keep his form by placing 2nd or 1st in round 3 if he intends to secure his place amongst the top 16.
Round 3 of the Leaderboard series is bound to be grand display of punts and pits, as 32 riders fight for 16 spots and the coveted 2011 AGIT/Turbo Zicatela Pro Grand Slam Title.
Visit the IBA website for all updates and live action of the main event.
Join the IBA facebook page and win IBA World Tour paraphernalia.
Shop online at the IBA store where you can get you hands on limited Pipeline and Box event T's.
Don't miss a beat, with the new IBA Tour Guide iPhone App to stay in the loop where ever you are.
Fans can have fun playing the wave of the event on YouRiding BODYBOARDING online game.
This IBA Grand Slam will be live on www.redbull.com
MUSIC// KNESSET "Finisher" performed by Knesset
Standard YouTube License
Next in THE AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011
- 3:44 IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - ROUND 3by ibaworldtour 58,687 views
- 6:25 IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - FINAL DAYby ibaworldtour 161,309 views
- 4:47 IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - ROUND 4by IBA GoPro Bodyboarding World Tour 66,613 views
- 7:28 IBA Bodyboarding Shark Island Challenge 2011 - Highlightsby ibaworldtour 66,407 views
- 2:35 IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - ROUND 1by ibaworldtour 33,456 views
- 52:34 2012 IBA Pipe Challenge Mens Finalby ibaworldtour 79,585 views
- 3:01 IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - Trials Finalsby ibaworldtour 23,159 views
- 4:07 Jeff Hubbard - Without Wings - Bodyboardby Canal de TheAdrianbodyboard 121,752 views
- 6:32 Bodyboarding - Teahupoo Challenge 2003 - excerpt 1by SanElder 489,796 views
- 2:34 Jeff Hubbard - 2012 IBA PIPELINE CHALLENGEby IBA GoPro Bodyboarding World Tour 39,184 views
- 4:26 Ryan Hardy VS Mitch Rawlins - Zicatela Pro 2011by Ivan Almeida 5,155 views
- 6:25 Round 2 & 3 Highlights - NMD, PRIDE, STEALTH 2011 Fronton Proby ibaworldtour 46,357 views
- 3:23 Video Best Of Fan - Pierre Louis Costesby Cédric C 20,646 views
- 2:36 Best Move - IBA NMD PRIDE STEALTH EL FRONTON PRO 2011by ibaworldtour 25,023 views
- 0:29 squeezing out sea urchin needlesby snowaydude 14,163 views
- 8:00 2012 IBA Pipe Challenge Day 2 Highlightsby ibaworldtour 116,940 views
- 3:44 IBA Bodyboarding Jeff Hubbard - The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011by ibaworldtour 11,921 views
- 6:11 IBA Bodyboarding PIPELINE PRO 2011 - Final Day Highlightsby ibaworldtour 28,665 views
- 3:22 Joe Clarke VS 2011by Canal de IyoDarmeargo 29,137 views