The Living Planet Aquarium New Building Concepts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 15, 2011
Looking forward, The Living Planet holds a vision for the future that includes a larger aquarium for the people of Utah. The new Living Planet Aquarium will be an iconic and unique building, encompassing over 130,000 square feet. It will provide a new and exciting activity in which the whole family can participate throughout the entire year. Parents can feel good about taking their children to a place that is both entertaining and educational. It will offer educational programs, field trips, and the hands-on learning that would not otherwise be accessible to Utah's children. Where else could children in our land-locked state take a walk through a tropical rain forest, touch a starfish, or pet a stingray? Conservatively, it will attract 500,000 visitors per year as a family oriented destination for Utah residents as well as tourists. The Aquarium will serve to showcase ecosystems from around the world such as marine, freshwater and rain forests to name a few, and how they work together to form one global ecosystem, The Living Planet.
The first floor of the new Aquarium will feature marine, freshwater, and rain forest exhibit galleries, a 500 seat banquet hall and gift shop. A scale model replica of an ocean-going National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) research vessel will serve as the gateway for our visitors' educational adventure and reinforce TLPA's mission which is to inspire people to explore, discover and learn about Earth's diverse ecosystems.
The second floor will include access to the upper levels of the South America Gallery and the Research Vessel as well as a changing exhibits gallery, café and party room. An 8,000 square foot education center will also be featured which will enhance the support of educational organizations reaching students K-12, university students and adult education programs. It will be the base of operations for a superb outreach education team that travels throughout the state to deliver curriculum based, science and math oriented educational programs. The second floor will also house the administration, husbandry offices and board room.
Estimated Completion Date:
December 2013* Dates are subject to change
Estimated Number of Exhibits:
44-62 exhibits, 1 million gallons of water
Anticipated Annual Attendance:
Beecher Walker Architects
To make our vision of a large aquarium a reality, funding will need to be supplied by a supportive community: the public, private foundations, individuals, and interested organizations and companies. Our current aquarium is self-sustaining, and we are dedicated to ensuring that a larger version of The Living Planet Aquarium will also support itself through gate receipts, gift shop, café, and facility rentals. For information about the future Living Planet Aquarium and how to become a sponsor call (801)355-3474 X221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 15:52 LA Fishguys, Episode 115 pt 1, Building a 400 gallon Bowfront Aquariumby lafishguy Featured 22,214
- 5:00 The Living Planet Aquarium News Update February 2012by The Living Planet Aquarium529 views
- 2:51 Sea Turtle at The Living Planet Aquariumby The Living Planet Aquarium3,510 views
- 2:44 RiverOttersatTLPA.m2vby The Living Planet Aquarium835 views
- 1:40 Anaconda Feeding at The Living Planet Aquariumby The Living Planet Aquarium690 views
- 8:53 The Living Planet Aquariumby livingplanetaquarium12,085 views
- 5:14 VHS - Don Adams Screen Testby OldMovieShack1,755 views
- 52:47 11. The Living Planet - The Open Oceanby AtheistClone724,089 views
- 2:35 Penguins at The Living Planet Aquariumby skaboss8018,464 views
- 53:28 4. The Living Planet - Jungleby AtheistClone253,645 views
- 5:09 one day at Atlantis Water Park Dubaiby azeraven94,200 views
- 54:12 7. The Living Planet - The Sky Aboveby AtheistClone127,562 views
- 11:11 Aquascaping - Aquarium Ideas from Aquatics Live 2012, part 2by DefiniteAquascapeTV70,150 views
- 14:59 Adventure Aquariumby ArisAdventures239 views
- 54:09 12. The Living Planet - New Worldsby AtheistClone84,591 views
- 10:00 Future Living (2050 - 2075) - Technology.flvby thefutureshere21,847 views
- 54:53 6. The Living Planet - The Baking Desertsby AtheistClone147,712 views
- 3:32 Renzo PIANO - The Aquariumby Franco Di Capua15,231 views
- 2:58 Building a Public Aquarium, saltwater aquariums, freshwater aquariums, exhbibitsby LivingColorAuqarium8,839 views
- 5:26 Tour the Georgia Aquariumby GeorgiaAquarium205,203 views
- Loading more suggestions...