StarTools: M42 H-alpha High Dynamic Range composite processing
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 10, 2013
M42 H-alpha High Dynamic Range composite processing with StarTools 1.3.200 Release Candidate (download at http://startools.org)
*** Best viewed in HD ***
In this video we process a magnificent multi-exposure length Hydrogen-alpha data set that was so graciously donated to the public domain by Josh Lake of the Olmsetd Observatory at Pomfret School.
We process two exposure lengths independently, and combine them into a high dynamic range image. After combining, we modify the presentation of the image to match the data provider's personal taste by scaling down the image and performing some delicate sharpening.
The final result can be found here; http://startools.org/download/Tutoria...
StarTools is a not-for-profit endeavour with the aim of opening up the field high quality deep space photography for anyone, no matter your gear, no matter your budget.
StarTools sets itself apart from traditional (astronomical) image processing software by focusing on ease of use and active monitoring of the user's processing steps. StarTools uses information gleaned from the latter to achieve better results in less time, while providing useful hints and tips, and protecting your data from clipping, overcooking, or sequence related mishaps.
Image acquisition: Josh Lake
Music: Robert Meyers, under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License (http://myspace.com/therobbot)
Graphics: Renée Fulton (http://www.rubidesign.com)
Code: Ivo Jager (http://www.siliconfields.net)
This video uses data from Josh Lake that can be freely downloaded from the StarTools website at (http://startools.org/download/Tutoria...).
StarTools has a demo version available that is a free download - give it a try!
Standard YouTube License
- 15:12 StarTools: M8 in Color with modest databy StarToolsAstro621 views
- 42:30 Process Astrophotography Image, Photoshop, DeepSkyStacker, Nebulosity, Fits Liberatorby Astrophotography Tutorials9,463 views
- 6:21 Using Capture from Atik to Autoguide and Sequence imagesby AtikCameras3,907 views
- 14:26 M33 in LRGBby StarToolsAstro214 views
- 47:06 Nebulosity Review & Demoby astronomyshed14,174 views
- 7:43 StarTools Astrophotography Image Processing Softwareby StarToolsAstro5,577 views
- 10:27 StarTools: Lifting structures from heavy noise with the Life moduleby StarToolsAstro1,191 views
- 5:37 Astrophoto software walkthough 3by BBC Sky at Night Magazine755 views
- 5:31 HaRGB processingby Steven Coates278 views
- 9:15 How to make narrowband filter deep sky images with a DSLR and clip filter for astrophotographyby Mark Hellweg31,503 views
- 4:16 StarTools: Removing vignetting and complex gradientsby StarToolsAstro1,310 views
- 15:21 How To Choose A Beginner Telescopeby oriontelescopes185,687 views
- 14:06 Joel Grimes: Continuous Ringlight HDR Portrait "Alexander"by Somsak Phorkha21,114 views
- 4:14 Top Ten Best Amateur Telescopesby toptenreviews .207,105 views
- 15:01 Introduction to High Dynamic Range Imagingby doubleconvex4,841 views
- 1:32:54 An Introduction to HDR Photographyby B and H158,496 views
- 2:20 El Ojo de Dios - Nebulosa de Orión : a 1500 años luz : Poderosos ojos al cielo lo escudriñanby Rodolfo Herrera Charolet39,210 views
- 4:46 The Making of a Fiberglass Boatby PoindexterSmith89,112 views
- 27:37 The Mysterious History & Cover Up Of The Orion Nebulaby Danny Wilten7,718 views
- 4:35 Direct Drive equatorial mount from Skyvision V1.1 // Monture Equatoriale DirectDrive Skyvisionby frédéric tapissier1,897 views
- Loading more suggestions...