How to Make an Origami Inflatable Bunny
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 19, 2008
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Do Origami videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/132-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Save some energy for the end of this process—you'll need it to puff the breath of life into your adorable little bunny.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Fold the edges to the opposite sides and unfold
With the colored side up, fold one edge to the opposite edge, then unfold. Rotate the paper and do the same with the other two edges.
Step 2: Flip the paper over and fold corner to opposite
Turn the paper over to the white side and fold one corner to the opposite corner. Unfold.
Step 3: Rotate the paper and repeat
Rotate the paper and repeat with the other two corners. Do not unfold.
Step 4: Collapse into an upside-down pyramid
You should have an overall triangular shape with creases that form a "V" on either side of the center vertical crease. Pick up the model and hold it with your fingers on either side of the "V." Gently bring your hands together allowing the paper to collapse into an upside-down pyramid shape.
Step 5: Place on table
Place the model back down on the table and arrange it so that there are two flaps on each side and the closed point is at the top.
Step 6: Fold bottom corners up
Working only on the front flaps, fold the bottom right and bottom left corners up to the top point.
Step 7: Fold one top corner to create landmark crease
To mark the center of the model, fold ONE of the top corners to the bottom and then crease, creating a landmark for the next step, and unfold.
Step 8: Fold corners to meet at landmark crease
On the top layer, you should now have a diamond shape. Fold the right and left corners of the diamond to meet in the middle at the landmark.
You should now have two little triangles, the top edge of which has two layers. These form pockets that will be used later to lock the model.
Step 9: Fold top corners to cover pockets
Keeping the pockets in place, fold the two top corners down and out to the side, covering the pockets.
Step 10: Fold outer corners to center
Fold these outer corners to the center to meet. You should now have two tiny triangles covering the pockets.
Step 11: Tuck triangles into pockets
Gently tuck these triangles INTO the pockets, forming a lock. The top layer of your model should now be a lozenge-shaped hexagon.
Step 12: Flip model over
Turn the model over to the plain pyramid shape.
Step 13: Fold long sides to center
Fold down each of the long sloping sides to align on the center vertical crease.
Step 14: Form upside-down triangle
Pivoting on the lower right corner, grasp the bottom right flap and fold it over to the right. You will form an upside-down triangle with a top edge parallel to the bottom of the model.
You may need to adjust the fold using the pivot before creasing into place.
Step 15: Repeat on left side
Repeat on the left side. You should now have an overall boat shape with a large sail.
Step 16: Fold bottom right edge to center
Pivoting at the bottom of the center vertical crease, fold the bottom right edge of the boat to lie on the center vertical. Repeat on the left side.
Step 17: Arrange four flaps into "+" sign
Keeping these flaps in place, pick up the model and look at it from the bottom—arrange the four flaps of the model into a "+" sign.
Step 18: Puff into small hole
There's a small hole in the center of the plus sign (+). Give a strong short puff into the hole to bring your bunny to life!
Did You Know?
Did you know? Instead of a man in the moon, the Japanese see a rabbit making mochi, a traditional New Year's treat made of smashed rice.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:17 PS4 - NBA 2K14 MyCAREER: MyPlayer Creation - Introduction To Agent and Jackson Ellis! Playstation 4by DmanUnt2014 | NBA 2K14 and NBA Live 14 PS4 Gameplay! Featured 74,242
- 2:05 How to Make Goobeldy Gooby Howcast616,139 views
- 3:09 How to Make an Origami Boxby Howcast365,909 views
- super1600 43 videos24K
- 2:51 How to Make an Origami Craneby Howcast152,912 views
- 3:00 How to Make an Origami Jumping Frogby Howcast559,332 views
- 14:08 How to Make an Origami Boomerangby Rob's World7,335,751 views
- 12:34 How to Make an Origami Gift Box (Intermediate)by Rob's World1,682,048 views
- 11:12 How to Make an Origami Dollar Ring (Moneygami)by Rob's World1,794,360 views
- 6:06 Origami Box (Candy Dish) Instructionsby tadashi mori764,808 views
- 71 videos Play all Origamiby hazel7eyes
- 12:23 How to Make an Origami Swan (Intermediate)by Rob's World2,535,446 views
- 39:54 Origami Rabbit, Opus 186 (Robert J. Lang)by tadashi mori1,422,759 views
- 8:00 How to Make a Paper Balloon (Water Bomb) - Origamiby Rob's World4,604,661 views
- 8:47 How to Make a Paper Crane - Origamiby Rob's World5,439,963 views
- 10:00 How to make an Origami Dove for Easter / Peace Day (by Alice Gray) ...for all (33)by danbergam1,299,518 views
- 6:30 25 Most Precarious Places On Earthby list251,976,524 views
- 17:57 Origami Little Elephant (Li Jun)by Jo Nakashima1,023,621 views
- 12:50 How to Make an Origami Beating Heartby Rob's World1,015,640 views
- 9:47 How to Make a Paper Rocket Ship - Origamiby Rob's World1,025,361 views