How To Make an Origami Inflatable Bunny
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 19, 2008
Watch more How to Do Origami videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/132-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Fold a cute origami bunny.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Fold the edges to the opposite sides and unfold
With the colored side up, fold one edge to the opposite edge, then unfold. Rotate the paper and do the same with the other two edges.
Step 2: Flip the paper over and fold corner to opposite
Turn the paper over to the white side and fold one corner to the opposite corner. Unfold.
Step 3: Rotate the paper and repeat
Rotate the paper and repeat with the other two corners. Do not unfold.
Step 4: Collapse into an upside-down pyramid
You should have an overall triangular shape with creases that form a "V" on either side of the center vertical crease. Pick up the model and hold it with your fingers on either side of the "V." Gently bring your hands together allowing the paper to collapse into an upside-down pyramid shape.
Step 5: Place on table
Place the model back down on the table and arrange it so that there are two flaps on each side and the closed point is at the top.
Step 6: Fold bottom corners up
Working only on the front flaps, fold the bottom right and bottom left corners up to the top point.
Step 7: Fold one top corner to create landmark crease
To mark the center of the model, fold ONE of the top corners to the bottom and then crease, creating a landmark for the next step, and unfold.
Step 8: Fold corners to meet at landmark crease
On the top layer, you should now have a diamond shape. Fold the right and left corners of the diamond to meet in the middle at the landmark.
You should now have two little triangles, the top edge of which has two layers. These form pockets that will be used later to lock the model.
Step 9: Fold top corners to cover pockets
Keeping the pockets in place, fold the two top corners down and out to the side, covering the pockets.
Step 10: Fold outer corners to center
Fold these outer corners to the center to meet. You should now have two tiny triangles covering the pockets.
Step 11: Tuck triangles into pockets
Gently tuck these triangles INTO the pockets, forming a lock. The top layer of your model should now be a lozenge-shaped hexagon.
Step 12: Flip model over
Turn the model over to the plain pyramid shape.
Step 13: Fold long sides to center
Fold down each of the long sloping sides to align on the center vertical crease.
Step 14: Form upside-down triangle
Pivoting on the lower right corner, grasp the bottom right flap and fold it over to the right. You will form an upside-down triangle with a top edge parallel to the bottom of the model.
You may need to adjust the fold using the pivot before creasing into place.
Step 15: Repeat on left side
Repeat on the left side. You should now have an overall boat shape with a large sail.
Step 16: Fold bottom right edge to center
Pivoting at the bottom of the center vertical crease, fold the bottom right edge of the boat to lie on the center vertical. Repeat on the left side.
Step 17: Arrange four flaps into "+" sign
Keeping these flaps in place, pick up the model and look at it from the bottom—arrange the four flaps of the model into a "+" sign.
Step 18: Puff into small hole
There's a small hole in the center of the plus sign (+). Give a strong short puff into the hole to bring your bunny to life!
Did You Know?
Did you know? Instead of a man in the moon, the Japanese see a rabbit making mochi, a traditional New Year's treat made of smashed rice.
Standard YouTube License
- 39:53 Origami Rabbit, Opus 186 (Robert J. Lang)by tadashi moriFeatured 1,120,272
- Rob's World-Where Learning is Fun! :-) 89 videos197K
- 3:09 How To Make an Origami Boxby Howcast 341,516 views
- 3:00 How To Make an Origami Jumping Frogby Howcast 529,367 views
- 2:51 How To Make an Origami Craneby Howcast 149,580 views
- 2:51 How To Make an Origami Fishby Howcast 270,757 views
- 12:22 How to Make an Origami Swan (Intermediate)by RobH0629 2,101,285 views
- 12:50 How to Make an Origami Beating Heartby RobH0629 840,619 views
- 11:12 How to Make an Origami Dollar Ring (Moneygami)by RobH0629 1,480,729 views
- 17:57 Origami Little Elephant (Li Jun)by jonakashima 820,261 views
- 10:00 How to make an Origami Dove for Easter / Peace Day (by Alice Gray) ...for all (33)by danbergam 1,091,613 views
- 7:58 Origami Magic Rose Cube (Valerie Vann)by jonakashima 9,235,229 views
- 5:03 How To Make An Origami Star Boxby VideoJug 1,099,253 views
- 10:54 How to make an Origami Icosahedron - Triangle Edge modulesby barbabellaatje 670,885 views
- 6:05 Origami Box (Candy Dish) Instructionsby tadashi mori 595,566 views
- 2:34 How To Fold an Origami Sailboatby Howcast 144,537 views
- 5:39 Origami Rabbitby tavin15 817,602 views
- 8:21 How to Make an Origami Flapping Birdby RobH0629 2,432,943 views
- 7:03 How to Make an Easy Origami Ballby Japanzor 850,212 views
- 9:17 How to make an Origami Spiky Cuboctahedron aka Spike Ballby barbabellaatje 1,691,409 views
- 2:36 Top 10 Origamiby jonakashima 1,223,317 views
- Loading more suggestions...