Wilits Bypass Update: 70' UP CHP Shoots Tree Sitter With "Less Than Lethal" Round
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 3, 2013
11:00 AM, 4-2-13,Willits CA California Highway Patrol extracts and SHOOTS TREE SITTER. The tree sitter took stand against Caltrans planned $250,000,000 Hwy 101 Bypass through endangered wetlands near Willits California. Thank Goodness the tree sitter did not fall out of tree, and the bullets were less than lethal, either rubber or bean bags. For More Information on the ongoing efforts to Save Little Lake Valley from Caltrans destruction visit : http://www.facebook.com/WillitsTomorrow or Visit: http://www.savelittlelakevalley.org/ UPDATE: Senator Noreen Evans Response to Today's CHP Actions:
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Sacramento, CA --Senator Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa) issued the following statement in response to today's removal of Willits Bypass Project protestors by the California Highway Patrol (CHP):
"CHP was deployed to remove the protestors of the Willits Bypass Project just hours before I was set to meet with the director of Caltrans to have my questions answered. According to some reports, protestors in trees were extracted by CHP using "rubber bullets", and that CHP officers significantly outnumbered protestors.
"I am shocked and dismayed at what seems to be an excessive use of force on unarmed protestors.
"Thus far, I feel Caltrans and CHP have been slow to respond to my questions and quick to act regarding the Bypass Project.
"It also was extremely disturbing to learn that the press was excluded from observing the removal of the protestors.
"I had asked to be kept informed on a daily basis prior to any extraordinary action on this project as I represent the 1.3 million Californians living in the Second Senate District where this project is taking place. Regretfully that did not happen today.
"I met today with Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty to express my dismay at today's events. I have additionally requested an immediate meeting with CHP Commissioner Joseph Farrow.
"I urge everyone to remain calm and for protestors to remain peaceful in their opposition." - CA Senator Noreen Evans
State Senator Noreen Evans represents the Second Senatorial District, including all or portions of the Counties of Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Marin (caretaker), Napa, Solano and Sonoma. Senator Evans Chairs the Senate Committee on Judiciary and is the outgoing Chair of the Legislative Women's Caucus. http://sd02.senate.ca.gov/news/2013-0...
- 9:17 Non-lethal Weapons and Listener Mail - Digging Deeperby Stuff They Don't Want You To Know Featured 8,783
- 2:36 It's Not Worth It - People Behaving Badlyby TVman198111,035 views
- 1:51 Six Years of Ridealongs - California Highway Patrolby TVman198143,015 views
- 2:51 I-80 HOV Violators - People Behaving Badlyby TVman198158,136 views
- 7:22 Truck Driver Nearly Beaten to Death By Police For Not Signing Traffic Ticketby Police State USA226,659 views
- 2:38 Excuses Excuses - People Behaving Badlyby TVman198153,270 views
- 10:52 How CalTrans sold the Willits Bypassby SaveLittleLakeValley1,868 views
- 57:28 Frank Dorrel 2000 "What I've Learned About U.S. Foreign Policy" PART 1by 911TVorg365 views
- 15:01 Interview with "The Warbler" Part 1. At the Tree Sit Site.by NomadFilmsTribe2,924 views
- 18:10 Classic California Highway Patrol Cars - Jay Leno's Garageby JayLenosGarage369,615 views
- 6:55 Willits Bypass Resistance Update 3-23-13 CHP Denies Water and Food to Treesittersby Emerald Triangle News2,537 views
- 15:04 Willits Caltrans Bypass Protest "Celsius" Tree Sitter extraction, 4/2/2013.by NomadFilmsTribe1,158 views
- 5:42 California Highway Patrol Tasered Woman Goes Into Cardiac Arrest During Traffic Stopby Breaking News GEEKS14,708 views
- 3:59 Speeding driver weaves in and out of carpool lane while passing... Earns a ticket...by autoantics85,419 views
- 6:43 Bruni Front Firing CS Gas Pepper Spray 9mm Look Alike Non Lethal Pistolby Dr. Daniel Daves6,534 views
- 3:00 How to Make a Bullet Trapby RealGuysReviews28,993 views
- 5:07 Tree Cutting and Tree Sitter Surveillance 3/25/2013. Willits, Californiaby NomadFilmsTribe1,703 views
- 5:50 Willits Bypass Protest 5-13-13by NomadFilmsTribe1,429 views
- 4:48 Police Motorcycles: BMW's R1200-RTPby PoliceMag2,503 views
- 13:43 Willits Bypass Update 3-15-13 Illegal Caltrans Job Shutdown by Localsby Emerald Triangle News1,894 views
- Loading more suggestions...