This video is unavailable.
Boeing Delivers Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) 37,000 LB Bombs To The USAF - GBU-57
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 18, 2011
http://AviationExplorer.com - The Massive Ordnance Penetrator (the Air Force has ordered 20 from Boeing) is nearly five tons heavier than any other bomb in the military's arsenal and is made to pulverize underground targets.
Boeing Co. has delivered the first of the 30,000-pound bombs, each nearly five tons heavier than anything else in the military's arsenal, to the U.S. Air Force to pulverize underground enemy hide-outs.
At a total cost of about $314 million, the military has developed and ordered 20 of the GPS-guided bombs, called Massive Ordnance Penetrators. They are designed to be dropped on targets by the Boeing-made B-52 Stratofortress long-range bomber or Northrop Grumman Corp.'s B-2 stealth bomber.
Packed with more than 5,300 pounds of explosives and more than 20 feet long, the giant bunker-busting bombs were tested at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, the site of the first atomic bomb test during World War II.
The weapon's explosive power is 10 times greater than its bunker-buster predecessor, the BLU-109. And it is nearly five tons heavier than the 22,600-pound GBU-43 MOAB surface bomb, sometimes called the "mother of all bombs."
The Massive Ordnance Penetrator is a weapon system designed to accomplish a difficult, complicated mission of reaching and destroying our adversaries' weapons of mass destruction located in well-protected facilities.
The Air Force and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency conducted tests at White Sands, and Boeing delivered the first Massive Ordnance Penetrator this fall. Additional deliveries are expected to be completed by 2013.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:10 MOAB largest non nuclear bomb 18,000lbsby Blade RunnerFeatured 985,398
- 1:57 US Navy USS Iowa BB-61 Battleship Final Mission To Los Angeles California To Be Used As A Museumby AviationExplorer 103,226 views
- 1:51 Severe Aircraft Turbulence Over Northern Africa Aboard An Airbus A300by AviationExplorer 724,224 views
- 1:17 FedEx Flight 647 Boeing MD-10-10F (MD-10) Aircraft N364FE Crash On Landing - NTSBby AviationExplorer 186,362 views
- 42:08 Gol Airlines Boeing 737 And Embraer Legacy 600 Business Jet Midair Collision - LEGACY 600 CVR AUDIOby AviationExplorer 60,974 views
- 2:38 Future Weapons The Simonby underarmour122 179,642 views
- 42:40 Bunkers & Bunker Buster Bombsby TheKidStellar 12,959 views
- 0:44 BLU-96 Fuel-Air Explosive (FAE).by trufault 192,854 views
- 4:03 World War 3 : Pentagon unveils 30,000-pound M.O.P. Bunker Buster Bomb against Iran (May 03, 2013)by SignsofThyComing 21,189 views
- 1:14 Anti-everything Gunby diie 1,200,613 views
- 6 videos Play all Massive Ordnance Penetrators, Shellshock Inc.by ElcomeSoft
- 2:13 New Bomb For Iranby WongBusan 361,596 views
- 3:58 Pentagon Speeds up Bunker Buster Production. 12th Oct.by dumbbell33 71,141 views
- gbu57 6 videos1
- 2:45 Ultimate Weapons- Mother of all Bombsby MilitaryChannel 486,538 views
- 1:59 Why Iran will KICK Israeli ASS!by bencil01 2,186,965 views
- 3:43 The 10 worst aviation crashes in history.by Dannytb10 4,533,683 views
- 1:08 GBU -15 Bunker Buster Missile Testby CaughtOnTapeTV 12,654 views
- 37:04 Bunkers & Bunker Busting Bombsby BigConceptVideoMusic 18,224 views
- 2:31 US PLANS TO USE NUCLEAR BUNKER BUSTER BOMBS IN IRAN - AS IRAQby youpolitics 16,138 views
- 1:15 DAISY CUTTER -- EXTERMINATION ON THE MOVEby segregator236 270,233 views
- 2:46 Russia tests world's most powerful bombby RussiaToday 2,121,203 views
- Loading more suggestions...