Gopro vs 3 underwater Focus fixes and filter test
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 29, 2011
Testing the Gopro HD hero with 3 retail underwater focus fixes, using all modes r1-r5 and photo in NTSC mode.
Standard housing, Oculus R5, Eye of Mine and a SRP Blurfix with and without a URpro CY filter.
Filmed at Rye pier at 5.1m 16.7ft depth, visibility between 5-10m, water temp 9c on a sunny winters day at Rye pier in Melbourne.
Videos untouched and left at the resolution they where filmed at, the red filter videos have had a simple eye dropper auto white balance adjustment to reduce the red tint due to the shallow depth.
My conclusions from this test the standard GoPro housing is no good under water as its very blurry.
The oculus R5 (very similar to other drop in type fixes like the mako, goforfocus etc) is best used in r5 mode as all other modes have vignetting on the edge of frame. Maybe would have been better if I used a non black background to show this better. It can be seen easier in the 4 window shots how much of the frame is lost compared to the other fixes.
The Eye of mine is good in all modes other then r4 and photo where it has some vignetting. Main disadvantage is the fixed plastic design which can be scratched and not easily repaired also very hard to clean the inside of the housing due to the undercut with only a small opening. There's no easy way of installing filters to this housing either.
The SRP blurfix is also vignette free in all modes other then r4 and photo similar to the EOM housing, with just a fraction less as the EOM has a slight white ring before the black vignette in those modes. Glass screw in filter design makes for easier cleaning and replacement if needed and as can be seen the URpro filter does produce much better colours underwater and its just a simple screw in install with this fix.
Link to Snake River Prototyping website makers of the BlurFix
Standard YouTube License
- 16:23 Best Diving in the Word. Cozumel , Mexico GoPro Hero3.by Mike Gerrie21,738 views
- 2:46 GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition Slow Motion 240fps Test NO TWIXTORby EpiCapture Productions2,631,904 views
- 2:08 New SRP Dome red filter for GoPro Dive Housingby Fabrice CHARLEUX54,367 views
- 4:02 How to use Macro filters with a Hero3 and min focus testsby martcerv105,363 views
- 19:13 Beginner DSLR photography basics: Filters tutorialby Tom Photoix97,128 views
- 3:57 World's first manned flight with an electric multicopterby forschungsbuero8,656,239 views
- 7:36 GoPro HD Hero3 Black vs. Silver vs. Hero2 Visual Comparisonby eyeofmineGoProHDHero1,370,618 views
- 7:12 How To Use a GoPro for FPVby rctestflight274,052 views
- 7:35 How To Use GoPro Hero 3 WiFi Remoteby HowToUsePOVcameras18,158 views
- 2:42 How to Build a GoPro Underwater Video Platformby jdmcc8860,152 views
- 9:24 Red Sea underwater HDby Amir Stern71,463 views
- 20:10 On Location: Long Exposure photography with a 10 stop ND filterby Tom Photoix12,490 views
- 4:19 GoPro Hero3 Black Edition & SRP BlurFix3 URPro CYD Dome Filter Test For Freedivingby sumogurinet31,569 views
- 11:09 Help / Tutorial for the Gopro accessories - mods, DIY projects & more!by Rick Drew174,668 views
- 4:13 Underwater test GoPro HD + BlurFix flat lense adapter + filtersby Fabrice CHARLEUX24,282 views
- 5 videos Play all GoPro Hero3 Black Edition Testsby sumogurinet
- 5:12 spearfishing with gopro HD May 2011by ivan acebo120,662 views
- 2:43 Using a Red Filter Underwaterby Scott Putnam13,928 views
- 2:31 Go Pro Flat lens review testby Marc Harrison88,231 views
- 12:14 Variable ND Filter Shootout - Polariod Genus Lightcraft Tiffen Singh-Ray Heliopanby Dave Dugdale89,070 views