Published on Oct 23, 2012
We are having major issues with Frequent Mini-Freezing or Lagging with our systems. If anyone has any idea what the issue may be please reply.
We have the following hardware (all less than 1 year old):
- 5x Harddrives (1x 240GB SSD running OS - Windows 7 64bit, 3x 2TB HDDs in Dynamic Setup, 1x 640GB HDD)
- 2x Graphics Cards (1x 512MB, 1x 1GB - Running 4 screens total)
- 20GB RAM (2x 8GB, 2x 2GB - DDR3)
- Intel Core i7 3.4GHz 8MB
- ASROCK Z77 Pro3 Desktop Motherboard SATA3
What we have tried:
- Starting system with only essential systems running.
- Running with different Keyboard and Mouse.
- Running with all non-essential USB devices disconnected.
- Running with only OS (240GB SSD) Harddrive connected.
- Running with only 16GB RAM (2x 8GB).
- Running with only 4GB RAM (2x 2GB).
- Running with only 1 screen connected.
- Running with case open for additional airflow.
- Running without CD Drive.
- Reinstalled Windows. Running with clean install.
- Replaced 450w Power Supply with 850w.
- Added 2 additional fans for air flow.
- Replaced SATA3 cable to OS Harddrive (240GB SSD)
We are still having the same issue even after taking the system in to a reputable computer store's tech guy to be looked at.. This video shows after clean install, and only 1x mp3 playing, and moving a window around on the desktop. Both display, and sound are affected by this issue and it appears to be freezing every few seconds, then picking itself back up again just to freeze again a few seconds later.
Discussion on this issue can be found at: http://superuser.com/questions/491577...