- Startups - TWiST Meetup, London vs. Berlin - TWiST #270
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 29, 2012
1:00 Welcome everyone to the TWiST London vs. Berlin meetup!
5:00 Thank you to Sourcebits for supporting TWiST! If you take a meeting with Sourcebits, you get a 15 minute meeting with Jason! Just email email@example.com to get started.
13:00 The first pitch from Berlin is Thorsten Luttger pitching Musicplayr, a way to aggregate all of your music online into one central profile.
16:00 The pitch was lacking, but the idea is solid.
18:00 Tyler: I'd like one of the Musicplayr shirts.
19:00 First up from London is Michelle Gallen of Shhmooze, a location-based app that lets you check in and discover other people at a business event.
20:30 That was a solid pitch and she brought up a real pain point: people don't want to download an app for every event.
22:30 Tyler: Is it based on bringing in friends from a social network or do you have to populate the friends list yourself?
27:00 Next from Berlin, Dann Loening pitches Kinderfee, an online network for parents to find trusted childcare.
29:30 The design and UI is great, and that was the best pitch so far.
30:00 Tyler: The pace and authenticity was key.
32:45 Au pairs have become very popular in the U.S. and they offer more flexibility than a full time nanny.
34:30 Thank you to our incredible sponsor GoToMeeting for their support! Everyone thank @gotomeeting!
38:00 Next up from London is Alex Depledge of Teddle, a web app to help people find a book local service providers.
41:30 The design is very good and I think the booking engine is well thought out.
44:30 Tyler: Does the name have a meaning that doesn't translate?
48:15 The final pitch from Berlin is Alex Napetshnig of Klash, a platform for you to challenge and engage with friends and strangers on social platforms.
52:00 Tyler: The showmanship worked because it directly relates to his product.
54:15 Is this just a "dude idea"? Where can this go?
57:30 Up next from London is the final pitch from Rich Waldron of Tray, a personal assistant platform to help automate everyday tasks.
59:15 I love that this is a lean startup approach and I think it's the best conceived startup of the day.
1:02:30 Tyler: He had some very practical examples that I liked.
1:05:00 Jason and Tyler discuss their favorites and try to choose a winner.
1:07:15 Jason thinks Tyler picked #3 Musicplayr as his #3, and Tyler thinks Jason picked Kinderfee as his #3. Jason thinks Tyler picked Tray for his #1 and Klash #2. Tyler thinks Jason picked Tray as his #1 and Shhmooze as his #2.
1:09:00 That means London has won because Tray was #1!
1:11:30 Big thank you to all of the sponsors in London and Berlin!
1:12:00 Thanks for watching everyone, we'll see you next time!
Support This Week in Startups and independent media by joining the TWiST Producer Program at TwistList.co!
Want to support TWiST another way? Use bit.ly/twistamazon when you shop and a portion of your purchase will go toward helping keep independent media like TWiST on air!
Keep up with the latest from our sister company, LAUNCH:
Live Blogging LAUNCH Education & Kids - Day Two
Live Blogging LAUNCH Education & Kids - Day One
LAUNCH Education & Kids: 30 Companies (6 Stealth) Plus Scoble, Alan Louie and Nolan Bushnell
Yahoo to Launch "Chrome Killer" Tonight
First Eight Companies for LAUNCH Education & Kids
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PREFERRED PARTNER eMINUTES
Lawyers who focus on forming and maintaining corporations and LLCs. Check them out at http://eMinutes.com and @eminutes.
Next in - Startups: Season 3 Episodes
- 1:22:44 - Startups - TWiST News Roundtable - TWiST #240by ThisWeekIn 2,790 views
- 1:17:40 - Startups - TWiST Paris Meetup #164by ThisWeekIn 5,823 views
- 1:02:35 - Startups - TWiST Paris Meetup - TWiST #214by ThisWeekIn 1,699 views
- 58:09 Authors@Google: Eric Ries "The Lean Startup"by Talks at Google 64,197 views
- 2:22 The Startup Kids - Official Trailerby The Startup Kids 111,082 views
- 1:56 Elevator Pitch Winnerby UtahStateCES 141,344 views
- 4:15 Elevator Pitch - Do your elevator pitch in 60 seconds and nail it!by The Big Vision Show with Max Simon 1,182 views
- 4:46 6 Elevator Pitches for the 21st Centuryby THNKR 41,923 views
- 2:14 Kforce: Elevator Pitch Examplesby kforce 11,373 views
- 1:36 How to Perfect the Elevator Pitchby Howcast 150,900 views
- 5:39 Game console startupsby Random stuff :D 984,085 views
- 1:48 Help Startup Beat Patent Trollsby Kate Endress 3,435 views
- 1:21:26 App Engine for Startupsby Google Developers 13,691 views
- 1:35:26 Google I/O Pitch Nightby GoogleDevelopers 4,942 views
- 56:54 - Startups - Kristoph Matthews CEO & Founder of Boxbee -TWiST #E351by This Week In 1,418 views
- 0:30 Mad Mike BADBUL Start Up - NAC Drift Nationals 2012by CARFREAK'S Gaming Videos 9,128 views
- 1:24:34 - Startups - News Roundtable with Sarah Lacy, David Kirkpatrick and Paul Carr-TWiST #E350by ThisWeekIn 1,822 views
- 4:07 How to craft your 30 second elevator pitch or networking introductionby Kathy McAfee 71,284 views
- 1:54 The Elevator Pitchby Sean Wise 650,148 views