Upload

Loading icon Loading...

This video is unavailable.

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames on Piano [Full Version] (with Sheet Music)

Sign in to YouTube

Sign in with your Google Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to like Tehmattie's video.

Sign in to YouTube

Sign in with your Google Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to dislike Tehmattie's video.

Sign in to YouTube

Sign in with your Google Account (YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Orkut, Picasa, or Chrome) to add Tehmattie's video to your playlist.

Uploaded on Dec 16, 2009

For Sheet Music + Midi visit: http://musime.excalibur-nw.com/sheet/...

You can also download my Sheet Music/MIDIs through mediafire:
Sheet Music: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwzi0yiz87upk
MIDIs: http://www.mediafire.com/?38l8850861oc6

Finally this is done! It's taken me several hours, but I've finally finished arranging Dragonforce's 'Through the Fire and the Flames' for piano. I have stuck to the exact structure and key (Cm) of the original song.

Sadly, I feel it didn't come out quite as good as I was hoping. I was in two minds whether to make it exactly the same as the original, or change it to make it a lot more piano playable. I tryed the later, but I felt I started losing the melody a lot. You have to remember that this piece is designed for guitar, not piano, and so it is hard to make it practical to play all the crazy, solo bits on the piano. I compromised by adding "Ad-lib" above lots of bars in the stave, to allow for improvisation in the parts where the original is impractical to play.

I'll admit, I did use a MIDI for parts for most of the later half of this song (i.e all the solos). It was taking too long to figure out by ear all the masses of notes that were being played. However, I didn't just copy the MIDI across and plonk it there done, I did actually arrange it and change slightly to adjust for a piano.

How I made this video:
- Inputted the piece into Sibelius
- Exported the MIDI file
- Exported the graphics to make sheet music
- Changed the MIDI to an .mp3
- Stuck the .mp3 into Sony Vegas, and edited the sheet music in to make a video.

In the conversion from MIDI to .mp3, the bass seems to have come out more. In some places it is overpowering the melody a bit, which doesn't sound all that great -.- (However, I'm sure if you're playing this on the piano yourself, you won't have this issue.)

If you're wondering, I can play most of this on piano. All the solos are all basic improvisation, but I can play most of the normal stuff as well.

  • Category

  • License

    Standard YouTube License

Loading icon Loading...

Loading icon Loading...

Loading icon Loading...

Loading icon Loading...

Ratings have been disabled for this video.
Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.

Loading icon Loading...

Loading...
Working...
to add this to Watch Later

Add to