4* Maqam of Sultan Hazrat Salahuddin Ayyubi (ra) in Damascus, Syria [Salyalshareef.com]
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 20, 2008
Maqam of Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubi(ra) in Damascus, Syria.
Hazrat/Sultan Salahuddin is buried in the tomb on the right.
Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany donated the marble one on the left but Saladin was never placed in it.
Gentle hearted Sultan Saladin Ayyubi became one of the world's greatest warriors by defeating crusaders and capturing the holy city of Jerusalem.
Born in Tikrit, Iraq, Saladin, his Arabic name is Salah al-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub.
At the age of 14 he joined other members of his family (the Ayyubids) in the service of the Syrian ruler Nur ad-Din.
He was brought up by his noble father and talented uncle, Asad-ud-din Shirkhu. Saladin was a very intelligent and noble person. He loved peace and never enjoyed fighting battles.
And when the young boy who didn't like fighting in battles fought, he fought with great bravery and strength.
After Nur ad-Din's death in 1174, Saladin became head of state, Saladin expanded his power in Syria and northern Mesopotamia.
Following the submission of Damascus (1174), Halab (Aleppo) (1183), and Mosul (1186), numerous Muslim armies, allied under Saladin's command were looking immortal, The Crusaders were not happy by Saladin's increasing power and success.
Uniting their forces, they planned a decisive attack on Muslim area. Battle of Hittin took place. Muslims won under the leadership of Saladin. Thousands of Crusaders were arrested. Saladin treated the prisoners with tolerance.
In 1187 CE, Saladin conquered Jerusalem. Thousands of Crusaders were arrested. However, when their mothers, sisters, and wives appealed to Saladin, he released them. Many crusaders were ransomed.
However, he paid for many of them. In addition, he provided them transport, etc. He allowed neither massacre nor looting. He gave free pardon to all citizens. He even arranged for their traveling.
He granted freedom to Christians to leave the city if they paid a small tribute. Saladin paid it, himself, for about ten thousand poor people.
His brother paid it for seven thousand people. Saladin also allocated one of the gates of the city for people who were too poor to pay anything that they leave from there.
On Friday 27th Rajab 583 AH, Saladin entered Jerusalem. After entering the city they went straight to the Mosque and cleaned it. Then for the first time in more then 80 years, the people of Jerusalem heard the Azan (call of prayer) from Al Aqsa Mosque.
In 1189 the nations of western Europe launched the Third Crusade to win back the holy city. But they failed. On March 4, 1193, Saladin died in Damascus. He died with no possession of Gold coins, Palaces, Slaves, but The Holy Land Of Jerusalem.
He is remembered by Muslims as well as Non-Muslims as a kind hearted un-selfish Warrior.
He was a religious person and followed the teachings of Quran (Book of God) and Prophet Muhammad's teachings regarding War, he treated all of his Prisoners with Respect and dignity, no torture, massacre, mass killing, took place during his time.
And unlike all other Sultan's he did not build a single Palace or any building for himself yet he erected mosques, palaces, hospitals, and universities in for his Muslim brothers in Cairo.This is why he is a favourite topic to write on by even Westerners.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:04 قبر النبي أيوبby alkhiaal2000 665,068 views
- 1:16 мавзолей(могила) пророки(ибрагим- муса- лут-..by orosan100 24,873 views
- 0:44 Hazrat Adam (A)by rezowan 548,586 views
- 50:19 Tiger of Islam : Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubi by zaid hamid a Hassan Aziz Films full movie Urdu.by Qaiser Imam 245,306 views
- 10:57 Tiger of Islam Salahuddin ayyubi documentry part 1 [HQ]by ziaulnoor 103,297 views
- 3:24 Who was Salahuddin? (Kingdom of Heaven) MUST WATCH!by msoldier786 200,404 views
- 1:46 Place were the Buraq was tighten in Jerusalem by Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh) on the night of Mirajby Shadpur Shareef 173,216 views
- 1:30:02 Story of Salahuddin Ayyubi Holy Warriors Richard Saladin FULL MOVIE YouTubeby Mohammed Omar 40,665 views
- 28 videos Play all Salahuddin 2012by yehiaagha
- 10:33 YouTube Sultan Salahuddin Ayyubi Movie In Urdu Sir Zahid Hamid Part 3 5by subhanshop 37,174 views
- 7:01 Historical Speech of Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi at Mecca Masjidby sdfaheem 33,254 views
- 5:18 Salahuddin Al-Ayubi - Mesticaby Syahmi Yem 104,460 views
- 10:02 THE BATHING OF THE HOLY GRAVE (GOOSAL)by shadpur shareef 112,577 views
- 1:09:33 El Naser Salah Ad-Din (Part1) - 1963 ~ محمد ناصر صلاح الدينby Yahya76 32,665 views
- 2:35 ANGEL ON KABA.mpgby grgharq 955,644 views
- 1:28:54 The Third Crusade: Saladin & Richard the Lionheart Documentaryby CJTReviews 236,138 views
- 1:47 Longest grave in the world!by shootmars 299,237 views
- 5:02 Sons Of Islamby glife19 139,744 views
- 4:52 Salahuddin AL Ayyubi: One of The Saviours of Islamic Spiritby abuislah 100,192 views
- 2:18 Grave of Khalid ibn al-Waleed (R.A.) and his son Abd al-Rahman (R.A.)by karguzari1 19,186 views
- 6:29 Ziara Hair of Prophet Muhammad s a w sby wissam7007 33,474 views
- Loading more suggestions...