Sam Giancana & Anthony Spilotro Mobsters Neighbors, Hitman & Victim?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 5, 2011
Sam Giancana & Anthony Spilatro Neighbors Two of the better know names from the roster of members of the Chicago "outfit" are Sam "Momo" Giancana and Anthony "the ant" Spilatro. They were flamboyant, vicious larger than life men who for a time lived within a couple of blocks of each other. Not in in large luxury mansions but in modest middle class homes in a quiet treelined section of suburban Oak Park. Giancana could be called an og he was an original gangster that came up through the notorious 42 gang which provided Chicago with some of it's more notorious mobsters like Tony Acardo and "mad" Sam De Stefano. In the late 40's Giancana began to make his mark in the organization when he convinced his fellow 42 alumni Tony Acardo, who was now the outfits enforcer, to take over the policy racket which was then controlled by black mobsters. This became a "cash cow" for the mob once the opposition was removed at least until the policy racket was replaced by the state lottery during the 70's. In the late fifties he became the figurehead leader of the Chicago mob as Acardo and Ricca operate behind the scenes. During this time he became involved in the election and then the subsequent assassination of John Kennedy. These allegations brought way to much heat on the organization and by the late 60's he was eased out and replaced by fellow Oak Parker Sam Battaglia. It has been said that Giancana's upcoming Congressional testimony about his role in the Kennedy murder was what led to his own murder in this Oak Park Home. He was cooking some sausage and peppers in the basement when he was shot in the back of the head by someone he trusted enough to turn his back on. Interestingly enough one of the prime suspects lives two blocks away and is known to millions of Americans through Joe Pecci's fictionalized portrayal of him in "Casino". This would be Anthony "the ant" Spilatro the real lord of Las Vegas and and the man who put someone's head in a vice and squezzing it until his eye pops out. Another west side tough guy who ended up living in quiet Oak Park. It was from this unassuming townhome that Anthony and his brother Michael were last seen alive.
To find out more about Sam Giancana; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Gian...
To Read more about Tony Spilatro; http://www.onewal.com/a011/f_spilotro...
This clip is part of a series produced by MindsiMedia and presented on ChiTownView 's YouTube station. We are getting some Chicago crime history in HBO's series "Boardwalk Empire" and more will be on display when the film version of Eric Larsen's "Devil In The White City". Our series shows some of the famous places in Chicago crime history as they exist today. While telling some of that history with each clip. Anyway there is a whole lot more to mad Sam's story and a lot of the details are pretty gruesome more can be found here http://www.crimemagazine.com/mad-sam-...
MyAlCaponeMuseum is a great resource on Chicago underworld history and has been used extensively in our series:
Another great resource is The Outlaw Journals:
MindsiMedia is an Internet broadcaster with a series of YouTube channels under development.
Visit our web portal http://www.mindsimedia.info/
Constansy Part 2 Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons
"Attribution 3.0" http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b...
Standard YouTube License
- 34:39 Tony Spilotro - 30 Years of ABC News Footage - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate Featured 13,973
- 41:35 Sam "Momo" Giancana Documentary - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate43,730 views
- 1:50:40 HBO - SUGARTIME (1995) Sam Giancana and Phyllis McGuireby Conner Yates34,180 views
- 45:26 Tony "The Ant" Spilotro Documentary - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate99,288 views
- 46:06 Sam Giancana - Chicago Gangster (Documentary)by CrimeUncovered9,342 views
- 44:58 Tony "Joe Batters" Accardo Documentary - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate27,500 views
- 45:30 The Chicago Outfit Documentary - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate8,222 views
- 57 videos Play all Chicago Crime Now & Then, An All Original Seriesby ChiTownView
- 21:55 Frank "The Las Vegas Boss" Cullotta Documentary - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate17,742 views
- 44:29 Carmine "The Cigar" Galante Documentary - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate96,065 views
- 2:48 Tony Spilotro Walking From Dirksen Federal Building, April 25th 1986 - NationalCrimeSyndicate.comby National Crime Syndicate3,969 views
- 45:30 inside- chicago mob takedownby deathclock2690106,471 views
- 44:58 Mobsters - Tony Accardoby OnlineMobVideos3,080 views
- 8:08 1986: Spilotro Brothers Bodies Foundby 8 News NOW | KLAS-TV11,145 views
- 27:00 Henry Hill and Frank Cullota interview on The Ed Bernstein Showby Ed Bernstein77,840 views
- 5:14 Double Cross Giancana and The Kennedysby theliterarygroup16,678 views
- 23:41 In the Company of Killers (2 of 2)by Matthew Adams5,848 views
- 7:26 Sinatra, Kennedy and the Mafiaby nik0la00731,258 views
- 26:33 In the Company of Killers (1 of 2)by Matthew Adams15,808 views
- 45:50 The Las Vegas Mafia - Chicago Outfit (Full Documentary)by Conner Yates15,233 views