American Pharmacist Honored as Nigeria Village Chief Part 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 25, 2008
Part 2 -- ZAKI THE LION: American Pharmacist Honored as Village Chief in Nigeria, West Africa
Dr. Dan Wagner is a clinical and natural pharmacist from Pittsburgh, PA who does professional counseling with patients who take both prescription and complementary medicine. As an "integrative" practitioner, he believes in the health advantages of balancing conventional therapies with natural ones. His natural medicine pharmacy, called NutriFarmacy (http://www.nutrifarmacy.com) was established in 1997. Over the past 2 decades, Dr. Dan has done extensive traveling with an emphasis on researching plant medicines in the rainforests of Belize, Cuba, Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, and Africa. He has worked closely with some of the leading ethnobotanists and herbalists in the field and has incorporated his knowledge and experience into his natural pharmacy practice.
Dan has traveled to Nigeria eight times in 11 years. In 2004, he was first invited to visit the rural village of Azara, located in central Nigeria in the state of Nasarawa. During the following years, Dan was instrumental in developing annual diabetes screening clinics with his team. In 3 years they have donated thousands of doses of diabetic medications, vitamins, and equipment to help the village along in their absence. He also contributed to the cost of digging a new well (borehole) in Azara in 2006. The project was completed in 2007 and now provides clean drinking water to the village of 20,000 people.
It was announced in March of 2006 that Dr. Dan would be the recipient of a most prestigious honor by the Azara Traditional Council of Azara-Nassarwa State. They named him "Sarkin Turawan Azara (Chief of the Whiteman of Azara)." This is a distinctive honor given only to non-Nigerians who exercise distinct service to the common people of their village. The official ceremony was held on January 13, 2007. Read more: http://www.nutrifarmacy.com/worldheal...
Standard YouTube License
- 58:50 WHITE CHILD 1 (Osuofia Nkem owoh) Nigerian Movieby Africanclips626,529 views
- 1:15:42 Last Flight To Abuja - The full movie (Nollywood Movies 2013)by Inside IbakaTv1,421,428 views
- 36:17 HIDDEN TEARS PART 1- NIGERIAN NOLLYWOOD 2013 LATEST MOVIEby nollywoodbest43,081 views
- 15:43 About being/becoming a pharmacist...by PharmDoc19,614 views
- 4:36 Felix Anieh on Establishing a Retail Pharmacy in Nigeriaby MrSunshyne1331 views
- 1:14:07 See Gobe - Nigerian Nollywood Moviesby Inside IbakaTv118,022 views
- 8:17 American Pharmacist Honored as Nigeria Village Chief Part 1by drdanwagner2,228 views
- 1:03:58 Days of Sorrow - Nigeria Nollywood Movieby Nollywoodpicturestv54,597 views
- 9:15 Nigeria's Oil & the Niger Deltaby Tana Oguara9,627 views
- 10:01 The American Dream in a Nigerian Communityby Victor Aghadi3,933 views
- 7:10 Wayne County Pharmacists Association Greg Baise receiving the 2012 MPA Bowl of Hygeia Awardby gbaise1949160 views
- 14:20 Divers on Body Retrieval Mission Find a LIVE Nigerian cook who survived 3 Days Under Waterby r0ck3tsm0k3204,009 views
- 55:38 My Brother's Wealth - Nigeria Nollywood Movieby Nollywoodpicturestv44,509 views
- 7:42 Why Should I Do a Pharmacy Residency?by EllenWilcoxASHP21,658 views
- 5:20 nasarawaby Sadiq Habib3,190 views
- 4:34 American Pharmacists Association (APhA)by Brent Reed2,804 views
- 3:15 Become a Nurse Anesthetist: How long does it take to become a CRNA?by becomeaCRNA16,254 views
- 3:09 What Pharmacist's Really Deal With in Retail Pharmacy - True Story!by ShadeManVendetta24,441 views
- 9:48 About Abuja Nigeriaby nhcwindhoek315,294 views
- 2:27 (*APhA Meeting*) How to Make the Most From Pharmacists You Meet (Pharmacy Job Search) - ASHP Midyearby pharmacistpositions589 views
- Loading more suggestions...