2011 South West Regional Barista Competition
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 8, 2011
The Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA), the world's coffee authority and largest coffee trade association (www.scaa.org), searches for the best, most skilled barista from the South West Region at its annual South West Regional Barista Competition, March 4-6th in Hollywood. The host sponsor is Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
At the competition, baristas dazzle four sensory judges, two technical judges and one head judge as they prepare and serve four espressos, four cappuccinos and four signature beverages during a 15-minute race against the clock. A signature beverage is a highly innovative, freestyle espresso-based beverage created by the barista for the competition.
Who: forty+ of the South West's top professional baristas, as well as coffee and espresso experts from the Specialty Coffee Association of America What: SCAA's 2011 South West Regional Barista Competition hosted by Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. When: March 4-6, 2011 Where: Siren Studios, Hollywood Times: Friday, March 4: 11 a.m. -- 5 p.m.; Saturday, March 5: 11 a.m. -- 5 p.m.; Sunday, March 6: 10:30 a.m. -- 1 p.m. Visuals/Highlights: At the competition, the South West Region's premier baristas battle it out with a Nuova Simonelli Aurelia, the official espresso machine. As they ready their beverages, contestants engage the audience, explaining their actions and selections, while seven judges watch and evaluate their every move -- all in pursuit of espresso perfection. Background: The South West Regional Barista Competition is one of 6 regional barista competitions taking place across the country. The winners of each competition go on to compete in the United States Barista Championship at the Specialty Coffee Association of America's Exposition, April 28-May 1 in Houston Texas. The winner of the U.S. Barista Championship moves on to compete in the 2011 World Barista Championship, which takes place in Bogota this June. The events recognize professional achievement in the art and skill of espresso drink preparation and service.
For more than a quarter of a century, the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) has offered its members education, training, resources and business services. It is the world's largest coffee trade association, with members representing more than 40 countries and every segment of the specialty coffee industry, from growers to roasters and retailers. The SCAA has also been at the forefront of developing and promoting specialty coffee, and is committed to meeting the challenges of a rapidly changing industry by setting and maintaining standards, expanding professional certification programs, conducting industry-specific research, and providing even more opportunities to connect, exchange, and work together so our industry continues to thrive.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:49 UK Barista Championships 2011 Semi-finalsby Maarten van der Jagt8,614 views
- 9:28 Chris Baca wins SWRBC Brewers Cupby BrewMaster800AD1,593 views
- 6:14 2010 Western Regional Barista Competitionby William Gibson7,507 views
- 24:37 2013 WBC Finals - Pete Licata, United Statesby WorldCoffeeEvents4,460 views
- 18:08 2013 World Barista Championship, Round 1 - Jose De La Peña, Guatemalaby WorldCoffeeEvents658 views
- 22:36 2013 WBC Finals, William Hernandez, El Salvadorby WorldCoffeeEvents301 views
- 17:04 2013 World Barista Championship, Round 1 - Doddy Samsura, Indonesiaby WorldCoffeeEvents177 views
- 18:58 2013 World Barista Championship, Round 1 - Matt Perger, Australiaby WorldCoffeeEvents142 views
- 7:00 Zarraffas Barista Competition Final 2011-10-07by Zarraffas Marketing848 views
- 13:11 2013 World Barista Championship Semi Final Jinkyu KIMby Jinkyu KIM40,267 views
- 6:06 SCAA's Annual Exposition, The Eventby Specialty Coffee Association of America9,440 views
- 39:48 BARISTA Mario Andres Prieto latte art SENAby mauro gonza21,288 views
- 2:33 START: Can coffee change the world?by Specialty Coffee Association of America964 views
- 5:09 Coffeefusion Tutorials - Latte Art Basics!by coffeefusion11,111 views
- 1:49 2X USBC Champ Mike Phillips on the CBS Early Showby Specialty Coffee Association of America2,372 views
- 10:00 Yakup Aydin | World Barista Championship 2011by Ruden Nijsse1,586 views
- 15:54 Switzerland Barista Champion Performs at the 2007 World Barista Championship Finalsby Zachary Carlsen83,983 views
- 14:54 Barista Trainingby Missaskme4coffee47,872 views
- 2:05 USBC Brewers Cup Introductionby Specialty Coffee Association of America4,900 views
- 14:07 Dylan Johnson - 2012 NSW Barista Championshipby sgambo11,292 views
- Loading more suggestions...