1984 by George Orwell Book Movie on BBC TV from 1956, Peter Cushing Glenn Beck
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 22, 2012
http://www.GlennBecksBookList.com -- Click Here for the book 1984: http://www.amzn.to/1984Book
Glenn Beck talks a lot about "1984" and we can see the story inching itself into our lives. Enjoy this early adaptation from 1954/6 on BBC TV.
"Nineteen Eighty-Four (first published in 1949) by George Orwell is a dystopian novel about Oceania, a society ruled by the oligarchical dictatorship of the Party. Life in the Oceanian province of Airstrip One is a world of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, and incessant public mind control, accomplished with a political system euphemistically named English Socialism (Ingsoc), which is administered by a privileged Inner Party elite. Yet they too are subordinated to the totalitarian cult of personality of Big Brother, the deified Party leader who rules with a philosophy that decries individuality and reason as thoughtcrimes; thus the people of Oceania are subordinated to a supposed collective greater good. The protagonist, Winston Smith, is a member of the Outer Party who works for the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue), which is responsible for propaganda and historical revisionism. His job is to re-write past newspaper articles so that the historical record is congruent with the current party ideology. Because of the childhood trauma of the destruction of his family — the disappearances of his parents and sister — Winston Smith secretly hates the Party, and dreams of rebellion against Big Brother.
As literary political fiction and as dystopian science-fiction, Nineteen Eighty-Four is a classic novel in content, plot, and style. Many of its terms and concepts, such as Big Brother, doublethink, thoughtcrime, Newspeak, and memory hole, have become contemporary vernacular since its publication in 1949. Moreover, Nineteen Eighty-Four popularised the adjective Orwellian, which refers to official deception, secret surveillance, and manipulation of the past in service to a totalitarian or manipulative political agenda." (Wikipedia.com)
"Nineteen Eighty-Four is a British television adaptation of the novel of the same name by George Orwell, originally broadcast on BBC Television in December 1954. The production proved to be hugely controversial, with questions asked in Parliament and many viewer complaints over its supposed subversive nature and horrific content. In a 2000 poll of industry experts conducted by the British Film Institute to determine the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes of the 20th century.
The role of Winston Smith was taken by Peter Cushing, one of his first major roles. Cartier cast him after having been impressed with his performance in a BBC production of Anastasia the previous year. Cushing went on to become a film star as would his co-star Donald Pleasence, who played Syme." (Wikipedia.com)
Standard YouTube License
- 1:45:38 1984 - A film (George Orwell)by Ricsardka207,868 views
- 1:32:05 THE CREEPING FLESH 1973 Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Lorna Heilbronby HorrorHub Pappster5,254 views
- 1:30:15 1984 - George Orwell (1956 Hollywood release)by 0407Anonymous28,886 views
- 3:52:56 Herobrine: A Lenda - O FILMEby TazerCraft156,902 views
- 1:26:25 Legend Of The Werewolf 1975 Peter Cushing, Ron Moody, Hugh Griffithby HorrorHub Pappster2,547 views
- 3:04:16 Aldous Huxley's Brave New Worldby TrueBliu Nineleven563,374 views
- 1:33:19 Dr Terrors House Of Horrors 1965 Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Roy Castleby HorrorHub Pappster4,063 views
- 1:30:14 Orwell's 1984 (1956) The best one.by Sinclair Cole23,844 views
- 1:20:33 THE GHOUL 1975 Peter Cushing, John Hurt, Alexandra Bastedoby HorrorHub Pappster3,745 views
- 1:28:07 1972 - Horror Express - CHRISTOPHER LEE PETER CUSHING TELLY SAVALAS - Eugenio Martín | Full Movieby CBGP Features24,593 views
- 39:41 Glenn Beck Exposes the Private Fed; Gets Fired by Foxby P0LICEstateWATCH481,610 views
- 2:51:57 Final Days Of Planet Earth 2006by albonni3,163,766 views
- 1:30:15 1984 - 1956 Version DVD (FULL)by havoctrend25,651 views
- 29:56 (part 3) Glenn Beck goes back to the future w/ George Orwell's book "1984" Brad Thor GBTVby GlennBeckBookList4,710 views
- 2:14:01 Invisible Empire A New World Order Defined Full (Order it at Infowars.com)by ChangeDaChannel4,132,731 views
- 26:08 (part 1) Glenn Beck goes back to the future w/ George Orwell's book "1984" GBTVby GlennBeckBookList10,248 views
- 9:46 The reason Glenn Beck was Fired!by FindingYahsWay401,753 views
- 2:32 1984 - "We are the dead" arrest sceneby VirtuallyBanjaxed9,081 views
- 1:28:35 Frankenstein Created Woman 1967 Peter Cushing Hammer Horror Filmby jenipurrr11,752 views
- 1:31:32 Madhouse: Peter Cushing Vincent Price and Robert Quarryby m brooks2,716 views
- Loading more suggestions...