Marth's Moves - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 29, 2010
READING THROUGH THIS WOULDN'T HURT!
Shows where I believe Marth's moves come from or what they are influenced by.
Special thanks to SobmicSSBB. His Marth's moves video gave me a head start in info on this video.
Like Pikachu's Volt Tackle, Marth obtaining the Falchion (the legendary sword he uses in Brawl), involves a fairly lengthy process.
Even though Marth has the Falchion in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it behaves more like a rapier and even sparkles like the Miracle Sword. Marth's Smash-A is the only move that is the same when Marth is equipped with the Falchion in the original game.
Since Marth's "arrival" animation is from Path of Radiance (despite having no connection with that universe), I decided to show the evolution of the warping animations from Fire Emblem Gaiden up until Path of Radiance to show how they have changed.
Unlike when I made Marth's Moves for Melee, I know enough Japanese to play through the game and understand SOME of the dialogue. (Though I admit I did seek some outside help when translating Gharnef's dialogue.)
While I have translated some of the Japanese text in the original Fire Emblem, I only translated what I believe is relevant within the context of the video instead of every little piece of text that shows up on screen. With that being said, I also refer to games using their Japanese titles in Roman characters instead of translating the names. The reason for this is because none of the Fire Emblem games shown in this video have been officially localized and sometimes the translations of their names vary. Since not too many people can read Japanese characters, I wrote them with Roman characters. However, here are some of the translated names nonetheless:
Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
Monshou no Nazo - Mystery of the Crest
Seisen no Keifu - Genealogy of the Holy War
The Fire Emblem games in this video that are in English are fan-translated ROMs or patches.
I did NOT use Shadow Dragon on the DS because it was released after Super Smash Bros. Brawl in addition to the fact that Masahiro Sakurai is (or was) unfamiliar with it.
Please note that I do not reference Monshou no Nazo that much because I show how characters behave (or their design, etc.) in their original games, unless something originates in a later game. Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi is Marth's original game.
Marth's "Everyone, please look at me" taunt is also out of place for his character, and quite frankly, is kind of bizarre why he was even given that taunt. While there are a few theories about this taunt, none are that strong, though I still present what I know.
Also, I didn't mean for both of my examples of Marth's personality to involve the mistreatment (execution or slavery o_O ) of children. It just turned out that way and I didn't notice until the video was complete.
In the original Fire Emblem, the colors and shapes on the maps made the text kind of difficult to read in some places, so I tried to place the text where it would be easier to read. I tried my best to make it better, but if it's still hard to read, I apologize.
If you want, here is a .rar of the savestates I created when I played through the original Fire Emblem in FCEUX. It has plenty of arena abuse (since I could use savestates) so the characters should be pretty leveled in the later chapters not to mention I have tons of money. You could even load the last savestate and attack the dragon with Marth if you want to just beat the game. However, I didn't bother really playing chapter 24 properly. Since I was so close to the end of the game, I just warped Marth to the castle, had him defeat the boss and then seized the castle. I also bought some stat-boosting items with Chainey from the secret shop in the corner so I could use them on Marth in the next chapter, but forgot to use them, lol. Guess I didn't need them.
The format of the files are (chapter number) - (savestate number)
If anyone has any trouble accessing the .rar, leave a comment here or send me a message. Both Rapidshare and Megaupload are not working properly at the moment.
Standard YouTube License
- 21:41 Project M - Neo (Roy) Vs. JCaesar (Mewtwo) Super Smash Bros.by VGBootCamp Featured 40,531
- 19:15 Mario's Moves - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawlby CrappyCaptureDevice221,302 views
- 13:54 Luigi's Moves - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawlby CrappyCaptureDevice98,012 views
- 24:32 Link's Moves (1/2) - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawlby CrappyCaptureDevice92,898 views
- 18:43 Fox's Moves - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawlby CrappyCaptureDevice62,226 views
- 19:33 Mr. Game & Watch's Moves - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawlby CrappyCaptureDevice92,237 views
- 10:25 Character Voices & Sound Effects - History Behind SSBMby CrappyCaptureDevice134,903 views
- 130 videos Play all history behind super smash bros melee and brawlby infernoman999
- 9:55 Mona Pizza's Song - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawl Musicby CrappyCaptureDevice48,969 views
- 7:26 Super Smash Bros Brawl - History behind victory themesby Luigi Bowser37,679 views
- 11:38 SSBM (TAS): Adventure Mode Very Hard with Captain Falconby gamerfreak566541,806 views
- 7:14 Fire Emblem: Awakening - Waifu Execution Exhibitionby shadowofchaos72519,045 views
- 31:27 Super Smash Bros Update Discussion: Skull Kid, Find Mii Arena, & Villager's new moves (Wii U & 3DS)by GameXplain42,311 views
- 0:39 He....he SURVIVED!?!by IllinoisBrawl446,119 views
- 9:58 Ness's Moves - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Meleeby CrappyCaptureDevice199,606 views
- 9:30 Super Smash Bros. Brawl [Tutorial]: The Art of the Marth Footstool Spikeby shadowofchaos72543,816 views
- 9:25 Checker Knights - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawl Musicby CrappyCaptureDevice26,098 views
- 3:56 Sonic Boom - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Brawl Musicby CrappyCaptureDevice30,220 views
- 11:41 Items (1 of 6) - History Behind Super Smash Bros. Meleeby CrappyCaptureDevice57,017 views
- 30:03 Kings of Cali 2 - Ken Vs. Scar - Best of 7 - Super Smash Bros. Melee - SSBMby VGBootCamp44,241 views