Uploaded on Apr 11, 2011
This is my first tutorial on how to make leather armour. This video is how to make a simple leather bracer / vambrace. I know it looks quite simple but there are no templates available that I could find on the internet or on youtube. My brace right now looks quite dull and when I am finished with the decals ill post another short video on how to make it.
Suggested items of use are once again:
1) Plastic trash bag (get it free from any store)
2) Duct tape $1
3) Cardboard ($free or $2 a sheet)
4) Sewing tape (like carpentry tape just so you can bend without breaking, $3 )
5) Scissors ( $2 )
6) Leather (preferably 5 - 7 oz length will vary due to your needs) 22in by 22 in should be around $10-$15. www.leatherbythepiece.com is a great place to grab some from and they ship quickly first class normally. Just be sure to mention that Knight_of_Guire sent you.
7) Eyelets and Setter (recommended size: 1/4 ") Combined $9 + shipping
8) Leather thread/ yarn or whatever you would like to tie it down with
Grand total: $30- $40! You will have quite enough leather if you get the 22" x 22" to make two vambraces and possibly one side of Pauldrons which will hopefully be my next video.
Have fun and enjoy! Post any constructive criticism or questions PLEASE!
Standard YouTube License