Portal DS WIP : switches, platforms, turrets (lasers), energy balls...
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 27, 2013
finally starting to add some gameplay elements ! it's all very buggy but a lot of it does work. there are also some cosmetic upgrades, such as the shading, the outlines on objects and the outlines on portals. Other than that, not much, it's still nowhere near playable, but we're getting there !
description copied from the previous videos :
not many new features, mostly just a video to show off some of the new graphics that Lobo has been feeding me over the last few days. so far I'm very satisfied with how things look so I figured I'd share. :D
not much stuff that's really new, but overall everything's been improved. for instance, momentum is better handled, the rigid body physics are better (back to 16 objects max), portal shooting is better (can't have portals that aren't entirely on walls anymore, and the game recenters them for you if necessary), the player collision system was improved (higher camera/taller player), the playground is bigger etc. so yeah, you probably can't see much of a difference, but I swear it's there.
here's a video showing some of the updates i've been working on for my DS portal adaptation. This is still extremely early footage so please don't be too harsh. Lots of debug features are present, including the ability to fly, see portals through walls and move cubes from a distance.
Also, keep in mind this was shot in an emulator which provides good but still less than perfect rendering. As such, be aware that most (not all, but still) of the graphical glitches you can see in this video don't happen on hardware (mostly the portal transition is a lot nicer on an actual DS).
The main new feature here is the cubes, which run thanks to a simple rigid body physics engine I wrote for the game. The feature is still a work in progress and I hope I'll be able to improve performance, but so far I think it looks good.
again, sorry for the crappy video quality. :/
Standard YouTube License
- 3:37:18 New Super Mario Bros DS Walkthrough HD 1080p World 1 to 8 (100% Gold Coins)by Games of All Generations in HQ\HD444,682 views
- 35:35 Valve Founder Gabe Newell "A View on the Next Steps" - Opening Keynote - D.I.C.E. SUMMIT 2013by Variety218,686 views
- 32:18 女帝囚人H 終盤by jolnoblog64,735 views
- 6:50 Top Ten DS Homebrew Gamesby LiamLikesGames33,489 views
- 21:45 Minecraft - Pyramid Game - Ep 1 - Part 1by Crew's Gaming Channel44,834 views
- 7:02 Top 10 Best Graphics on Nintendo DSby TheNintendoCritic136,584 views
- 3:37:13 Nintendo DS Longplay  New Super Mario Brosby cubex55477,798 views
- 20:27 Star Trek's JJ Abrams and Valve's Gabe Newell - Full Keynote Speech - D.I.C.E. SUMMIT 2013by Variety102,399 views
- 23:14 Let's Play Minecraft Part 4 - Race to Bedrock!by Rooster Teeth3,376,358 views
- 12:33 Portal 2 Final Boss Fight , Ending, Song, And Bonus Ending (HD)by OpTicNiko1,100,421 views
- 10:28 Ocarina of Time 3D Major Glitch: How to start a new game with ANY item on Bby Greenalink63,601 views
- 22:40 Portal 2 ( Workshop ) En Español por Vardocby Vardoc145,615 views
- 1:40 Aperture Science DS : test chamberby smea64,140 views
- 3:02 Meet the .....by Tronoid391,710 views
- 29:42 R.U.S.E Erstes Video// Gib niemals auf! (Deutsch/Full HD)by Strategie mit Pilo (Alter Kanal)11,636 views
- 1:52 Cool Bits - Super Mario 64 DS's Hidden Luigi (Title-Screen Secrets)by GameXplain143,255 views
- 8:52 Portal 2 - I'M DEAD - Part 34by TobyGames182,606 views
- 31:56 Jeff and Jason play Portal 2 Co-op Let's Play - Part 1by RageSelect6,146 views
- 6:19 GameSpot Reviews - DmC: Devil May Cryby gamespot98,995 views
- 10:01 100 Nintendo Ds Games in 10 Minutes! HDby Sergio Tomas Reyes Ramos579,919 views
- Loading more suggestions...