Sellassie speaks on the Use of the N-Word by Non-Blacks and Blacks in America
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 28, 2011
San Francisco Rap Artist Sellassie speaks on the word "N#gga" and it's use by Non-Blacks and Blacks in America.
Socio-political Rap Artist, Activist and Entrepreneur Sellassie is no stranger to controversy. As a lyric from his previous record, I'm Tryin' To Make A Livn' Not A Killin' states; "I disturb to increase the peace." He can be seen at most anti-war rallys, youth empowerment events and on the front line in police brutality issues. This artist cares about his community and speaks from the heart with his music and thru his movement. In response of the current state of rap music, Sellassie felt compelled to share with the world his stance on the use of the word "N#gga" and its use by non-blacks and blacks in America.
San Francisco Revolutionary Poet and Activist Sellassie has carved his niche as a leading progressive voice in San Francisco Bay Area Hip Hop. With an acclaimed and award-winning debut release, I'm Tryin' to Make a Livin' Not a Killin' and recent follow-up, Sins of Your Forefathers this upcoming emcee has garnered a street level buzz with a fresh perspective. Sellassie is proof that there are young black artists that can make music that is creative, street, positive and smart. He stands firm to his message, has a charismatic presence and is evidence that not every rapper raps negatively, glorifying drugs, guns, women, money or their ego. He is also the creator and co-producer of the Independent Artist Series, We All We Got + 2Racks Rap Contest. With over 70 shows on the calendar in the last 2 years in over 15 markets nationwide, the series have distinguished themselves as premier outlets for independent artists. He is also working with many social, political and youth based initiatives, and is a contributor to various special projects including the film, It Doesn't Cost Nothin' to Dream.
WATCH VIDEO: www.sellassiefrisco.com
# # #
Inhouse Talent is a San Francisco-based artist management and production company aimed to motivate and inspire thru uncompromised, progressive, independent music and art.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:52 Bring Back the "N" Wordby ATLAHWorldwide Featured 90,394
- 1:00:45 Paul Craig Roberts: How The Law Was Lostby Travinyle11,984 views
- 50:03 How the FBI Sabotaged Black Americaby Malcolm X281,957 views
- 50:26 H.I.M. Haile Selassie , the lion of judah ( FULL DOCUMENTARY )by 616blabla154,649 views
- 44:00 The Secret History of Ancient Black America as Proven by European Archaeologistby Dr2tan58,583 views
- 10:00 No Guns for Negroes Part Oneby jpfo1776110,819 views
- 2:41 David Banner On White Rappers Using The "N" Wordby djvlad100,351 views
- 29:48 2RACKS RAP CONTEST heads to ATLANTA, AUSTIN and BROOKLYN, MARCH 17-24, 2011by SellassieFrisco10,000 views
- 9:26 2RACKS RAP CONTEST: "Don't take my word for it"by SellassieFrisco3,332 views
- 57:06 Black America Is In DEEP Trouble !..Dr. Claude Andersonby RealitysTemple Mirror Videos188,022 views
- 0:54 Plies Eminem N-Word Interviewby hiphopdemand180,835 views
- 15:26 Can White People Say The N-Word?by JumpOffTVUK8,866 views
- 7:18 Black people use the N-Word as a general term so why cant white people?by Uche Orieh967 views
- 15:10 The Negro Is Not Africanby LiamBenIsrael450,552 views
- 6:29 Sellassie Live at KALX- Fast Life, Stop Hatin' In The Bay [Part 2]by JahWobs1,187 views
- 11:16 Unmarried Single Black Women are RESPONSIBLE for the DESTRUCTION of BLACK AMERICA.by Walter Lee Hampton II255,094 views
- 9:58 DNA PROVES Black Americans are NOT who they think they are !! pt1by GundisalusMenendiz676,944 views
- 4:21 Should white rappers use the "N" word?": Part 2 "Who's Mobbin Who?"by Ise Lyfe10,960 views
- 6:54 White rapper drops N Bombby JavansLifeShow1,500 views
- 1:48 Lloyd Speaks On White Rappers Using The "N" Wordby djvlad116,559 views
- Loading more suggestions...