From the top of the Burj Khalifa's spire 828 m (aka Burj Dubai) video , 31 December 2009
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 1, 2010
Incredible Footage From The Top Of The World's Tallest Building ,
On the top of the Burj Khalifa's spire 828 m (aka Burj Dubai) video by Imre Solt , 31 December 2009
Video from the top of the spire of Burj Khalifa , the tallest man-made structure ever built, 828 m.
CoxGomyl is now commissioning the final systems on the higest building in the world the 818 Meter Burj Dubai. ( http://www.coxgomyl.com )
A total of 18 machines have been delivered to the building and the higest operating BMU in the world working at 715 meters
Fact Sheet - Burj Dubai
Currently the worlds tallest building and tallest man-made structure, Burj Dubai is at the centre of Downtown Burj Dubai, the flagship mega-project of Emaar Properties in Dubai. The final height of the tower will be revealed on its completion in 2009.
With a development value of over US$1 billion, Burj Dubai, when completed, will fulfil all the criteria of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), which ranks the worlds tallest buildings on the basis of spire height, the highest occupied floor, roof height and pinnacle height.
At a current height of over 800 metres (2,625 ft), Burj Dubai has now also scaled over 160 levels, the most number of storeys in any building in the world. Burj Dubai has already surpassed the height of the KVLY-TV mast in North Dakota, USA - 628.8 metres (2,063 ft), which held the distinction of being the worlds tallest man-made structure. Burj Dubai is taller than Taipei 101 in Taiwan, which at 508 metres (1,667 ft) has held the tallest-building-in-the-world title since it opened in 2004. The tower also surpassed the 31-year-old record of CN Tower, which at 553.33 metres (1,815.5 ft) has been the worlds tallest free-standing structure on land since 1976.
Leveraging on the advancements in construction engineering, Burj Dubai undertook height enhancement in 2008 and is also upgrading its interior finishes. International designers from California have revisited the designs to make the residences more attractive and functionally superior.
In just 1,325 days since excavation work started in January, 2004, Burj Dubai became the tallest free-standing structure in the world. More than 11,000 consultants and skilled construction workers are employed on site, and the worlds fastest high-capacity construction hoists, with a speed of up to 2 m/sec (120 metres/min), were used to move men and materials.
When completed, the tower will have used 330,000 cubic meters of concrete, 39,000 metric tons of steel rebar and 142,000 sq m of glass and 22 million man hours.
The design inspiration for Burj Dubai is drawn from the desert flower, Hymenocalis, and incorporates patterning systems that are embodied in Islamic architecture. The tower is designed as three petals arranged around a central core. As the tower rises from the flat base, the petals setback in an upward-spiraling pattern.
Burj Dubais structure has employed the latest advances in wind engineering, structural engineering, structural systems, construction materials and construction methods. It will have a high performance exterior cladding system to withstand the harsh summer temperatures.
A mixed-use tower, Burj Dubai features 2 million sq ft of residential and over 220,000 sq ft of prime business space, in addition to the Armani Hotel Dubai, and Armani Residences Dubai, luxury hospitality ventures by Emaar in association with haute couture major Giorgio Armani S.p.A.
The tower offers recreational facilities and entertainment venues including four luxurious pools and a cigar club, a library, exclusive residents lounge, serviced residences, fitness facilities and an observatory deck on level 124, At The Top opening to impressive views of Dubai. The tower will also have a large Office Annexure.
Final Height: Unrevealed
No of floors: Unrevealed
Estimated population upon completion: 35,000
Developer: Emaar Properties PJSC
Architects and Engineers: Chicago-based Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM)
Designer: Adrian Smith
Main Contractor: South Koreas Samsung Corporation
Project and Construction Manager: Turner International
Built-up area: 5 million sq ft
No of lifts to be installed: 54
Excavation started: January 2004
Piling started: March 2004
Superstructure started: March 2005
Level 50: June 2006
Level 100: January 2007
Level 110 (tallest structure in the Middle East and Europe): March 2007
Level 120: April 2007
Level 130: May 2007
Level 141 (worlds tallest building): July 2007
Level 150 (worlds tallest free-standing structure): September 2007
Level 160 (worlds tallest man-made structure): April 2008
Cladding competed: September 2009
Standard YouTube License
- 1:22 Tom Cruise at the top of the Burj Khalifa, Dubaiby Ian PowellFeatured 582,860
- 11 videos Play all Burj Khalifaby husseinhallak
- 46:12 Piers Morgan: The Luxury Life of Dubai & A Luxury Tour Of Dubaiby The Kings Toys 3,296,406 views
- 7:48 The scariest video you have ever watched in the name of scienceby Shukhrat Bek 11,893,795 views
- 14:08 Dubai's Dirty Little Secretby Truth Search 2,027,639 views
- 9:05 Living in the Burj Dubai (Burj Khalifa) in Downtown Dubaiby Coldwell Banker 384,738 views
- 5:16 Inside Burj Khalifaby Sebastian Opitz 1,345,848 views
- 1:05 View from the top of the Burj Khalifa in Dubaiby Hugh Dickson 307,764 views
- 11:00 Dubai - Burj Al Arab - The World Most Luxurious Hotel HDby Luciano Sestak 500,971 views
- 26:24 Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain (Altered Soundtrack)by Hoosier Tim's Travel Videos 493,074 views
- 9:17 Skydive Dubai - May 2011by CedMovies 11,392,388 views
- 2:03 Burj Khalifa - Men of steel....by mickflahertyTSME's channel 504,240 views
- 1:31 Dubai and Moscow's Moving Skyscrapersby culturescene 3,729,222 views
- 4:35 The World - Dubaiby smuzew 6,385,407 views
- 6:30 Dubai Metro in HDby Dubai Informer 515,495 views
- 1:05 Guys Sitting On Top Of The Tallest Building In The World (Burj Khalifa, Dubai)by TBYViral 83,456 views
- Emirates Boeing 777 4 videos2K
- 2:00 Alain Robèrt Climbs Burj Khalifa DUBAI 2011.03.28by BestNetwork1 270,625 views
- 0:35 KVLY TV tower - tallest structure in the worldby jku3000's channel 246,980 views
- 2:44 Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami wavesby RussiaToday 26,597,740 views
- 3:29 Burj Khalifa Fireworksby salomonrbc 234,405 views
- 49:47 Dubai's Palm Island - Megastructures - National Geographic Documentaryby InnovaTek 346,413 views
- Loading more suggestions...