The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe (book trailer)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 1, 2012
A profoundly moving memoir of loss that is also a joyful, and often humorous, celebration of life—Will's love letter to his mother, and theirs to the printed page. http://theendofyourlifebookclub.com/
Purchase the book:
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/SymTTG
Other retailers: http://bit.ly/PHzyVz
"What are you reading?"
That's the question Will Schwalbe asks his mother, Mary Anne, as they sit in the waiting room of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. In 2007, Mary Anne returned from a humanitarian trip to Pakistan and Afghanistan suffering from what her doctors believed was a rare type of hepatitis. Months later she was diagnosed with a form of advanced pancreatic cancer, which is almost always fatal, often in six months or less.
This is the inspiring true story of a son and his mother, who start a "book club" that brings them together as her life comes to a close. Over the next two years, Will and Mary Anne carry on conversations that are both wide-ranging and deeply personal, prompted by an eclectic array of books and a shared passion for reading. Their list jumps from classic to popular, from poetry to mysteries, from fantastic to spiritual. The issues they discuss include questions of faith and courage as well as everyday topics such as expressing gratitude and learning to listen. Throughout, they are constantly reminded of the power of books to comfort us, astonish us, teach us, and tell us what we need to do with our lives and in the world. Reading isn't the opposite of doing; it's the opposite of dying.
Will and Mary Anne share their hopes and concerns with each other—and rediscover their lives—through their favorite books. When they read, they aren't a sick person and a well person, but a mother and a son taking a journey together. The result is a profoundly moving tale of loss that is also a joyful, and often humorous, celebration of life: Will's love letter to his mother, and theirs to the printed page.
Learn more: http://theendofyourlifebookclub.com/
Standard YouTube License
- 2:19 Oprah Announces Her Second Pick for Oprah's Book Club 2.0! - Oprah Winfrey Networkby OWNFeatured 7,689
- 2:11 Lean In Book Trailerby Knopfdoubleday 56,336 views
- 0:43 Niceville by Carsten Stroud (book trailer)by Knopfdoubleday 1,572 views
- 1:24 Phantom by Jo Nesbøby Knopfdoubleday 7,105 views
- 0:31 Amped Trailerby Knopfdoubleday 16,930 views
- 2:51 The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbeby Hodder Books 975 views
- 8:10 开卷八分钟 《香港人之香港史》 2007-06-27by Li Enhui 1,478 views
- 3:01 What Moved Director Steven Spielberg to Tears? - Oprah's Next Chapter - Oprah Winfrey Networkby OWN 6,105 views
- 45:06 Who was Carlos Kleiber - BBC.wmvby tommy vichev 20,718 views
- 42:33 Oprahs Next Chapter Beyonceby Shondra Mallard 21,997 views
- 13:31 Judith Durham (The Seekers) on 'This is Your Life' - 1997 - Part 1by rich963 68,830 views
- 4:22 Dennis Lehane on Live By Night, His Novel of Prohibition Era Rum Runnersby BiblioStarTV 621 views
- 3:33 MetaMaus by Art Spiegelman (book trailer)by Knopfdoubleday 30,123 views
- 42:31 Chelsea Handler on Oprah's Next Chapter. March 10, 2013.by Juhliiiana 85,889 views
- 1:06 The Dog Stars by Peter Heller (book trailer)by Knopfdoubleday 31,127 views
- 3:02 The Flame Alphabet by Ben Marcusby Knopfdoubleday 26,084 views
- 2:33 Oprah's First Audition for Steven Spielberg - Oprah's Next Chapter - Oprah Winfrey Networkby OWN 3,757 views
- 5:09 How Jason Collins Came Out to His Twin Brother, Jarron - Oprah's Next Chapter - OWNby OWN 5,931 views
- 5:04 The Day NBA Player Jason Collins Came Out to His Parents - Oprah's Next Chapter - OWNby OWN 3,503 views
- 3:27 How NBA Player Jason Collins' Aunt Knew He Was Gay - Oprah's Next Chapter - Oprah Winfrey Networkby OWN 4,426 views
- Loading more suggestions...