How to Keep Your Bras in Good Shape
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 22, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Lingerie & Underwear 101 videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/491-Lin...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
You work hard to stay in shape. Now help your bra do the same.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Hand wash
Hand wash your bra daily for the best results. Soak it in cold water and lingerie detergent for 15 minutes, swish and rub gently, rinse until the water runs clear, and squeeze out excess water. Then lay it flat on a towel, cup side up, to air dry.
Step 2: Launder in a machine
Launder your bra in a machine periodically. Close the clasp, fold the cups together, place it in a lingerie bag, and wash it in cold on the gentle cycle.
Don't use fabric softener or bleach in the same load.
Step 3: Don't use dryer
Lay bra flat to dry. Never stuff your bra in the dryer. Delicate fabrics like lace or silk won't hold up and synthetic fibers will lose their shape and elasticity.
Step 4: Buy 3 bras
Have at least three bras: one to wear, one to wash, and one to let rest to extend the life of your bras. Rotate between them to allow the fibers in the bra to rest and retain their shape. Wearing the same bra every day will cause it to lose its support and let you -- and your girls -- down.
Did You Know?
Launched in the U.S. in 1994, the Wonderbra was invented in 1964 by Canadian designer Louise Poirier.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:33 How to Tie a Cherry Stem In a Knot with Your Tongueby Howcast671,280 views
- 3:11 How to Hand Wash Delicatesby Howcast49,628 views
- 1:47 How to Make a Dissolving Bikini as a Prankby Howcast7,123,628 views
- 2:07 How to Find a Summer Dressby Howcast9,490 views
- 4:16 5 Design Mistakesby better301,304 views
- 2:23 How to Make a Small Bathroom Look Biggerby About.com199,250 views
- 5:39 How to Wash your Bra from The Little Bra Companyby thelittlebracom51,974 views
- 3:05 Ikea Bedroom Decorating ideas by Interior Designer 4 Joeys roomby Robeson Design1,403,324 views
- 2:37 home improvement - before and after - ikea ideasby Tony Lim667,266 views
- 2:26 Orginization: How to Fold Bras and Undiesby wetalktoGIRLZ likeyou11,930 views
- 5:34 How to stuff your bra.by bigthingsmallpackage222,472 views
- 2:09 Bra Fitting Guide - Wearing the wrong bra sizeby Brastop11,899,249 views
- 2:20 John Lewis: Bra Shapes Guideby JohnLewisRetail162,673 views
- 0:58 How to fold a braby Linda Koopersmith240,948 views
- 1:51 How to Make a Small Room Look Biggerby Howcast274,135 views
- 1:20 How to Wash Bras and Pantiesby Howcast53,224 views
- 2:22 How to Choose a Bra that Accentuates Your Breastsby Howcast1,300,241 views
- 3:34 How To Remove Your Bra Without Taking Off Your Shirtby Videojug Beauty2,064,583 views
- 1:59 How to Knit a Joke Condomby Howcast28,160 views
- 2:21 How to Be a Playerby Howcast66,322 views
- Loading more suggestions...