Crysis - Mass Physics
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 1, 2007
Frequently asked questions:
Q: What song is this?
A: "Pretty Pet" by Aberdeen City
Q: Is this realtime?
A: No, it was rendered in slow motion and then the video was sped up.
Q: What game is this?
A: The game is "Crysis" but the island and box placement and such was made with the "Sandbox editor" that is included with the game.
Q: What are your PC specs?
A: They don't matter because they don't represent the framerate/performance of this video (it was like a slideshow in game, only the video is smooth).
Q: What map is that/how do I make structures?
A: You can download the man made out of boxes from here:
You can then change the boxes around and make your own structures, select objects and press ctrl + c to clone them.
Q: How do I use the sandbox editor?
A: Search elsewhere for a tutorial (including how to install it etc.).
Q: What is this video about?
A: The video isn't about how good Crysis or Cryengine2 is but it was actually made simply because I liked the look of lots of boxes flying around and structures collapsing etcetera and thought other people might like to see this also.
Q: Can you upload this in HD
A: No, it was only recorded at 640x480 so it can't get any higher quality than this, I'm not going to remake the same video in HD either but I might do another, different video based on this.
Q: Why were the boxes flying?
A: I used tornadoes to make them fly all over the place, they were invisible because particles were disabled to stop the rendering of dust clouds when each box collided with each other.
The settings of the tornadoes where changed around such as in some clips there was no rotation.
There was one clip that used a "GravityVolume" found in Misc in objects in the rollup bar.
Q: How do you increase the draw distance?
A: The console command e_view_dist_ratio sets the visibility for objects, I had it set at 200 in the later clips.
Q: Don't physics still lag with sys_physics_CPU 0?
A: Yes, they do a bit at really heavy clumps of objects colliding, but it's so much smoother than if set at 1 when there's that many physical interactions going on and I think it's an actual physics engine problem where they can lock when colliding, they can't get past what's infront of them rather than it actually lagging like when it's set to 1.
If there was nothing in the way of a moving object, it won't lag on 0 but can on 1.
I really reccommend checking out more songs by Aberdeen City if you like this song.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Pretty Pet" on
- 4:00 Crysis physic - 36 222 barrels explosion ^^by jak2393Featured 545,226
- 4:34 Gmod Test Tube Ragdolls Prankby ABadFeeling 65,618 views
- 0:50 Crysis - First Deathmatch Experienceby ABadFeeling 14,511 views
- 1:28 FarCry 2 roller coaster with Agoatby ABadFeeling 118,912 views
- 0:47 UUF AAG WAIIY UUGHby ABadFeeling 144,442 views
- 66 videos Play all gamesby samduude
- 9:11 YouTube - Michio Kaku On Aliens On Physics ...by basic204's channel 1,094,734 views
- 2:23 UDK Mass physicsby Elude 749,970 views
- 2:50 Crysis Scary Shark!!!by Eddy929292 611,766 views
- 1:49 Crysis - The Monster Chicken!!!by SyLvO Productions 472,315 views
- 9:38 AntiGravity Physics Background & Initial Researchby AlienScientist 648,331 views
- 1:35 Crysis Versus Real Lifeby GO BOSTON CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 289,806 views
- 1:47 Crysis Nuclear Bomb in Slow Motionby lazarusx 918,984 views
- 1:58 Crysis 2 Trailer HD (Unofficial)by strata88 1,645,889 views
- 2:28 Crysis true graphics unleashedby seevideonow 1,707,390 views
- 2:34 GTA IV - Euphoria Physics Engineby ESFilmer 455,436 views
- 3:38 Physics Guy Rapby Greg's Lab 705,418 views
- 1:50 Back to the Future Delorean Crysis Modby Hazaro 1,241,070 views
- 38:11 Lec 1 | 8.01 Physics I: Classical Mechanics, Fall 1999by Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1,289,972 views
- 4:42 Cool Computer Programby jm42892's channel 1,703,076 views
- 2:28 Crysis - Tornadosby ABadFeeling 129,749 views
- Loading more suggestions...