Uploaded on Jan 22, 2009
MY JOB AS YOUR RBG SDL (Self Directed Learning) FACILITATOR / TUTOR:
* To help RBG teachers / learners identify the proper starting points for their personalized learning program and to discern relevant modes of examination and reporting back on their progress.
* To encourage learners to view Afirkan-centered knowledge and truth as both historical and contextual. To enable the learner to see value-system conceptual frameworks as cultural constructs, and to appreciate that they can act on their world individually and collectively to transform said constructs.
* To create a partnership with learners by negotiating individualized learning contracts for goals, strategies, and evaluation criteria.
* To be an inspirer and manager of the RBG learning experience rather than just an information provider.
* To help learners acquire the needs assessment techniques necessary to discover what objectives they should set for themselves.
* To encourage the setting of objectives that can be met in several learning domains, ie. cognitive, psychomotor and affective, and offer a variety of options for evidence of successful performance.
* To provide self directed learners (SDL) with objectives, learning strategies, resources, and evaluation criteria to guide their study, and academic growth.
* To teach inquiry skills, time management, problem solving, critical thinking, decision making, personal development, and self-evaluation.
* To act as advocates for educationally undeserved and mis-educated New Afrikan populations by facilitating their access to proper knowledge and objectively reliable study tools and resources.
* To help learners navigate, locate and negotiate RBG learning resources.
* To help learners develop positive attitudes and feelings of independence relative to learning, thus building self esteem, self image and self concept as Afrikan people.
* To offer resources and methods that take into account learner personality types and learning styles.
* To design and develop high-quality teaching / learning tools and resources according to Web 2.0 academic and technology trends and learner responses / feedback
Standard YouTube License