Clear Creek Open Space & Jeffco Open Space - The Peaks to Plains Trail
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 19, 2012
Recreation advocates testify to the overflowing support for a new 6-mile trail along Clear Creek. Great Outdoors Colorado awarded funding to this project on June 19. The trail will be completed by 2016, with 4 miles in Jefferson County and 2 miles in Clear Creek County.
(:46) Dan Grunig, Executive Director, Bicycle Colorado: Being able to experience this canyon at the speed of cycle is just so much better. Rather than staying behind the steering wheel to see this canyon, behind the handle bars would give you a whole new range of experiences.
(1:00) Peter Morales, Advocacy Director, Team Evergreen: People all over the state as well as those just down the roadway in the metropolitan area would be able to use 2-wheel travel to enjoy this pristine atmosphere."
(1:21) Glen Edwards, Trout Unlimited West Denver Chapter: Having the ability to move from one spot to another along the corridor is one of the things that's really badly needed on Clear Creek.
(1:33) Gil Hassinger, Trout Unlimited West Denver Chapter, Riverwatch Volunteer: Get as much in there as you can get in there.
(1:59) Joe Sambataro, Access Director, The Access Fund: We've been working with Jefferson County and Clear Creek County to provide a trail network throughout the entire canyon.
(2:14) Heidi Skiba, Naturalist, Jefferson County Open Space: We are looking at the possibility of developing a geology program, so what better place do geology than Clear Creek. And we have other units as well that this would be a great site for.
(2:11) James Long, Gold Prospectors of the Rockies: The continuance of the trail system on up would allow us the opportunity to get safer access to the creek to be able enjoy and share the resource that in some places we can't do right now because in some places it's just too dangerous to try to get down in there.
(2:26) Tom Young, Disability Advocate & Media Services Captain, Golden Fire Dept.: In 1990, I was employed by the Golden Fire Dept., and I was inured in the line of duty in a hang glider rescue. I love to be out in the outdoors, as I did before I was injured. I would actually be down by the creek often and enjoyed it a lot and I kind of miss that. So to be able to be in Clear Creek Canyon and to be actually down close to the river would be fantastic.
Standard YouTube License
- 28:57 Golden Super Cruise 9-1-12by George HoltFeatured 588
- 44:56 Bigfoot of the Rockies (Documentary)by OnlyTheParanormal 37,531 views
- 4:34 Ralston Creek 2010.wmvby Steve Wilcox 7,968 views
- 6:32 Apex Trailhead Projectby JeffcoColorado 263 views
- 1:15 Gold panning Clear Creek Colorado june 9by jushix85 3,201 views
- 9:25 Small Creek Gold Panningby ONSDClub 828 views
- 12:32 Baker's Colorado Gold dredging 5/5/12 full versionby BigBakerman 4,116 views
- 4:53 Prototype Mini Gold Trommel Running Fall 2012 Clear Creek Coloradoby RedDog Fabrication 927 views
- 1:58 Canyons Bike Park - Aug 2011by SkiBumPoet 4,010 views
- 1:52 Prospecting For Gold at Cherry Creekby Steve Wilcox 28,935 views
- 7:23 Hanggliding Lookout Mt, Golden CO.by Shawn Ray 386 views
- 19:46 OZONE Mantra R 4 VS Apco Zefira.by jan mlodyszewski 579 views
- 9:09 Lady Luck Sluice Box (Fast Water)by swsluice 1,006 views
- 5:26 colorado gold panning sluice boxby profabmachine 21,353 views
- 11:02 Evergreen Colorado.MP4by coloradotown 1,266 views
- 6:57 Trans Ams Crusing up and down Golden Colorado!by George Holt 287 views
- 2:16 Gold Dirt Classifier - DIYby georgiagoldguy 3,693 views
- 5:40 DON'T MOVE TO EVERGREEN, CO.by IgCT 6,017 views
- 3:16 Beauitful Colorado Hikeby Ryan Van Duzer 1,901 views
- 0:26 colorado gold panning clear creek coby jushix85 2,486 views
- Loading more suggestions...