Is Obama's Victory Ours? - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 27, 2008
Mumia Abu-Jamal's Radio Broadcasts
Higher Quality Audio files available email@example.com. With the attainment of the required delegates to claim the Democratic Party's nomination for U.S. president, Sen. Barack H. Obama (D. ILL.) has written a new page in American history. For by so doing he succeeds where Channing Phillips, Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson, Sr., and Al Sharpton could not - by gaining the necessary delegates to demand nomination. Of course, there have been numerous Black candidates for president, but these have been third party efforts designed more to raise issues, to organize or protest than to actually win elections. Some of the best known have been Eldridge Cleaver (former Black Panther Minister of Information), Dick Gregory, Dr. Lenora Fulani, and the former congresswoman, Cynthia McKinney. But this is a different kettle of fish, for Obama's candidacy is the closest to make it to the winner's circle. What also distinguishes Obama from his predecessors is he doesn't come from civil rights, Black liberation, socialist or anti war movements. (He often remarks at speeches, "I'm not against all wars, I'm just against dumb wars") Indeed, although his detractors may try to paint him as a leftist liberal this is hardly true. On issues both foreign and domestic he would've been more at home in the Republican Party of his senatorial forebear, Edward Brooke of Massachusetts. For though he is Black by dint of his African father, he has studiously avoided Black political groups in his long, harrowing climb to the rim of the White House. He has studiously avoided the very real and long standing grievances of Black America. In fact, he tried to run a 'post-racial' campaign until Sen. Hillary R. Clinton (D.N.Y.) (and her rambunctious husband, former Pres. Bill), brought race front and center during the Super Tuesday February primaries, by trying to pigeonhole him as 'the Black candidate'. This primary wounded Obama, and as he won in the delegate count, he also lost a number of primary states, such as Ohio and Pennsylvania, which are necessary for a win in November. Politics is the art of making people believe that they are in power when in fact, they have none. It is a measure of how dire is the hour that they've passed the keys to the kingdom to a Black man. As in many American cities, Black Mayors were let in when the treasuries were almost barren, and tax bases were almost at rock-bottom. With the nation's manufacturing base also a thing of history, amidst the socioeconomic wreckage of globalization, with foreign affairs in shambles, the rulers reach for a pretty, brown face to front for the Empire. 'Real change that you could believe in' would be an end to Empire, and an end to wars for corporate greed, not just a change of the shade of the political managers. That change, I'm afraid, is still to come.
--(c) '08 maj
The Power of Truth is Final -- Free Mumia!
International Concerned Family & Friends of MAJ
P.O. Box 19709
Philadelphia, PA 19143
Phone - 215-476-8812/ Fax - 215-476-6180
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
AND OFFER YOUR SERVICES!
Send our brotha some LOVE and LIGHT at:
175 Progress Drive
Waynesburg, PA 15370
WE WHO BELIEVE IN FREEDOM CAN *NOT* REST!!
Submitted by: Sis. Marpessa
Subscribe ICFFMAJ email updates list by e-mailing
[Check out Mumia's latest: *WE WANT FREEDOM:
A Life in the Black Panther Party*, from South
End Press (http://www.southendpress.org); Ph.
"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
For additional information and to order Mumia's new book We Want Freedom,
Check out Mumia's NEW book:
"Faith of Our Fathers: An Examination of the Spiritual Life of African and African-American People" at www.africanworld.com
colorado state university barack obama
"black people against obama" for youtube search term more views
Standard YouTube License
- 8:06 Mumia Abu Jamal on imperial power and obamaby seanthedonconsidineFeatured 14,536
- 9:43 From Death Row, Mumia Abu Jamal (1/3)by valserx 406,793 views
- 6:35 Mumia Abu Jamal placed on death row 28 years agoby RTAmerica 8,712 views
- 6:04 Mumia on U.S. political partiesby suzynycpvn 21,271 views
- 5:01 Commentary by Mumia Abu Jamal on Ralph Naderby jacobpsweeney 23,774 views
- 25 videos Play all contemporaryby undagroundtruth
- 5:59 Immortal Technique stands up for Mumia Abu Jamalby RTAmerica 93,962 views
- 3:42 Mumia Abu Jamal on the racial hypocrisy Obama Wright controversyby seanthedonconsidine 9,118 views
- 8:57 Death Row Interview: Mumia on the economyby suzynycpvn 20,842 views
- 4:47 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- Why does a war begin?by Suryu 33,837 views
- 5:04 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- When Democracy Equals Empireby Suryu 39,865 views
- 3:21 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- The War Against Us Allby Suryu 37,068 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 12,897,603 views
- 8:40 Dick Gregory-Barack Obama is President! Now What?by blackmagik363 77,181 views
- 3:25 The War Against Us All - By Mumia Abu Jamalby MopacMurtaza 16,935 views
- 5:23 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- Viva Fidel, Long Live Fidelby Suryu 16,782 views
- 7:54 Free Mumia Abu Jamalby Oobe 70,984 views
- 3:57 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- War for the Eternal Empireby Suryu 62,201 views
- 5:49 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- In the Shadow of Brownby Suryu 29,947 views
- 4:51 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- Behind the Coup D'Etat in Haitiby Suryu 67,315 views
- 2:49 Mumia Abu-Jamal -- False Freedom !!by Menace3434 10,227 views
- Loading more suggestions...