Big jump at Sno*Drift Rally 2013 for SRTUSA's David Higgins
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 28, 2013
David Higgins and Craig Drew take to the air on Stage 16 of the 2013 Sno*Drift Rally. More photos and video from Subaru Rally Team USA at http://www.subaru.com/rally
The 2013 Sno*Drift Rally, round one of the 2013 Rally America National Championship, was an epic seesaw battle between defending Rally America Champion David Higgins in his Subaru WRX STI and his arch rival, Canadian Rally Champion Antoine L'Estage. Higgins won or tied eight of the event's 20 stages while trading the lead three times throughout the two-day rally. On the final stage, L'Estage pulled past Higgins to win the rally by a mere 6.2 seconds. Higgins settled for second place overall but was content with the fact that he'll get a rematch with L'Estage at the next six Rally America rounds.
The legendary Sno*Drift Rally, now in its 47th year, comprised of 130 miles of twisting, tree-lined, ice and snow covered roads in Northern Michigan near the towns of Atlanta and Lewiston. The challenge of racing on the roads that compose the Sno*Drift Rally are compounded by rules which prohibit studded or spiked competition ice tires, meaning traction is fleeting and driving skill and patience truly shine.
"The rally started very well on first day and just when we built a bit of a lead we had the accident on stage six. We were so lucky to even be in the rally after that, let alone in the lead at end of day," explained Higgins. "On the second day we made a few small mistakes which cost us time. We tried to be very careful in the last two stages, to avoid mistakes again, but maybe I was too cautious while Antoine [L'Estage] was on full attack. It was a fantastic battle to be part of and great for the championship but one I would have rather won! You always learn from events but the only way I am going to feel better is to get revenge at the next rally!"
Higgins will get his re-match with L'Estage at the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood, February 22-23, based in the Ozark foothills of Missouri.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:39 Rally Heaven - Shotgun in a Lancia Stratos and Delta S4 - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARSby /DRIVE Featured 1,051,230
- 21:35 Launch Control: Final Showdown between Higgins and Block at LSPR Rally - Episode 14by Subaru21,485 views
- 5:17 High-speed ride with Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins at STPR 2012by Subaru132,875 views
- 5:28 Subaru Isle of Man TT Record Attemptby Subaru1,775,056 views
- 6:48 Rallye Hivernal des Hautes Alpes 2013 [HD]by rallyexara48,690 views
- 6:46 Vali Porcisteanu - Winter Rally 2013 - Ps5 Comandau onboard - funny momentsby porcisteanu7,542 views
- 15:21 Sno*Drift Rally Cars!! Rally America Atlanta Michigan!! Plus a lil pit stop!!!by John Picker1,330 views
- 2:21 Sno*Drift Rally 2013 Fiesta Recapby Ford Racing16,621 views
- 23:30 Season 5 Premiere - Drift Carby Mighty Car Mods1,226,642 views
- 16:04 2013 Rally America LSPR - Saturdayby Rally America3,287 views
- 13:55 Sno* Drift Rally Atlanta Michigan 2011 Sno-Drift Rally Racing America '11 Snow Drift Dave Mirraby Without The Snow Dogs42,062 views
- 8:44 Subaru Rally and Rallycross Teams 2013 - Launch Control Episode 1by GTChannel13,752 views
- 7:15 David Higgins Subaru Rally Team USA Incar Oregon Trail 2012by David Higgins2,781 views
- 5:18 2013 Sno*Drift Car Launchingby Steven O'Rourke30,795 views
- 9:34 WRC Rallye Monte Carlo 2013 (HD)by SudRallye1,377,356 views
- 5:00 衝撃カメラマンを襲うドリフトマシン！Drift car which attacks a video crew Accidentby ExtremeDrivingTV281,613 views
- 16:41 Ken Block Gymkhana 5: Car Build & Drive - DC Shoes, Monster World Rallyby Car and Driver Magazine570,192 views
- 8:13 Launch Control: Subaru Rally Team USA tackles Sno*Drift Rally (Part 1) - Episode 2by Subaru69,067 views
- 5:08 SNO*DRIFT RALLY 2013 (Sweet Beat Edition)by MaxSpeedMedia32,481 views
- 9:52 DC SHOES: KEN BLOCK'S GYMKHANA FIVE: ULTIMATE URBAN PLAYGROUND; SAN FRANCISCOby DC Shoes56,155,016 views
- Loading more suggestions...