Uploaded on Sep 7, 2011
Info from the BigCartoonDatabase (www.bcdb.com):
"Often An Orphan"
Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, Charlie Dog.
Directed By Chuck Jones.
Originally Released on August 13, 1949 (produced in 1948)
Originally Released Theatrically.
Running Time: 7 minutes.
To avoid any more stupid comments - a few points in advance:
1. The cartoon was made in 1948 and is directed by Chuck Jones.
2. In the 1920ies to 1950ies cartoons like this where shown in theatres either before the main movie or in between the two parts of a double feature.
3. Yes, there wasn´t much color-tv around in the fourties, but was has this fact to do with the cartoon?
4. I don´t think myself that this is a prediction of coming events (just check the question-mark in the title of the video), but just a funny coincidence.
5. They are two ideas where the line originated from. One is a bible quote (check the comments for more info) and another one (which seems more plausible) is that Jones was refering to the end of the radio era. The radio-towers (search for RKO) were pulled down all around the US back in the 40ies because these steel monsters weren´t needed anymore.
6. As mentioned above this was a theatrical cartoon and no episode from a tv-show, so comments about how fake it is and that is was produced much later are stupid. Just get your facts straight and use at least wikipedia, google or the above mentioned BCDB to inform yourself of things that happened before you where born. :)
If you have a bit of time on your hand just check my movie ZANDER:
Standard YouTube License