The Boy Who Lived Before - Extraordinary People
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 5, 2013
Ever since he was two years old and first started talking, Cameron Macauley has told of his life on the island of Barra. Cameron lives with his mum, Norma, in Glasgow. They have never been to Barra.
He tells of a white house, overlooking the sea and the beach, where he would play with his brothers and sisters. He tells of the airplanes that used to land on the beach. He talks about his dog, a black and white dog.
Barra lies off the western coast of Scotland, 220 miles from Glasgow. It can only be reached by a lengthy sea journey or an hour long flight. It is a, distant, outpost of the British Isles and is home to just over a thousand people.
Cameron is now five, and his story has never wavered. He talks incessantly about his Barra family, his Barra mum and Barra dad. His Barra dad he explains was called Shane Robertson and he died when he was knocked down by a car.
He has become so preoccupied with Barra and is missing his Barra mum so badly that he is now suffering from genuine distress.
Norma considers herself to be open-minded, and would like to find out if there is any rational explanation for Cameron's memories and beliefs that he was previously a member of another family on Barra. Her first port of call is Dr. Chris French, a psychologist who edits The Skeptic magazine which debunks paranormal phenomena.
Not surprisingly, he discounts any talk of reincarnation mooting that a child's over-active imagination can be fed by the multitude of television programmes available and the easy access to the Web. Norma is not convinced, she does not believe that Cameron has ever watched programmes that could have provided this information.
Norma's next step is a visit to Karen Majors, an educational psychologist whose speciality is children and their fantasy lives. She considers that Cameron's accounts are very different to normal childhood imaginary friends.
It has become clear to Norma that there are no easy answers to the questions thrown up by Cameron's memories. Cameron has asked, persistently, to be taken to Barra. Norma has finally decided to make that journey.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:21 Non-Newtonian Liquid IN SLOW MOTION!by The Discovery Slow Down Featured 154,604
- 48:03 The Boy With The Incredible Brain - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz430,515 views
- 44:12 The Tiniest Girl In The World - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz1,398,978 views
- 45:13 The Woman With Giant Legs - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz565,059 views
- 43:30 Child Frozen in Time - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz786,322 views
- 45:28 The Boy They Call Fishby DocuFilmTV2,566,374 views
- 14:48 11 yr Old Went to Heaven and Back, and Tells What He Saw!by joel10000a16,459,912 views
- 43:23 Wild Child The Story Of Feral Children HDby batmcfluff98,014 views
- 9:57 Evidence of Reincarnationby Walter Semkiw707,449 views
- 4:01 STAR CHILD BORN IN CHINA - EYES THAT SEE IN DARKNESSby David Vose927,166 views
- 56:34 Worlds Strictest Parentsby Prince100262,936,755 views
- 58:42 Pompeii: The Mystery Of People Frozen In Time - History Documentaryby TheAncientWorlds688,087 views
- 59:04 "The Family that Walks on All Fours"by Nicholas Humphrey1,238,301 views
- 42:31 World's Strongest Toddler - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz705,426 views
- 47:31 The girl who never ateby notubemedia2,066,856 views
- 45:40 The World's Smallest Muscleman - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz717,032 views
- 45:29 The Twins Who Share A Body - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz3,562,739 views
- 2:30 Twins separated at birth marry each otherby news6724,478,586 views
- 47:10 The Boy Who Sees Without Eyes - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz1,081,674 views
- 0:42 Mermaid Discovered Hanging Out On Rock In Israel? What Elseby THATSCRAZY71811,277,842 views
- Loading more suggestions...