Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study "Dying to Win" (Part 4 of 4)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 28, 2011
This is part four of a lecture titled Dying to Win delivered by Dr. Robert Pape (professor of political science at the University of Chicago) at Duke University on March 23, 2011. This lecture was sponsored by the Muslim Life at Duke University.
From The University of Chicago website:
Dr. Robert Pape is professor of Political Science and director of the Program for International Politics at The University of Chicago. Dr. Pape specializes in international security affairs. His publications include the books Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism (Random House, 2005) and Bombing to Win: Air Power and Coercion in War (Cornell, 1996); Cutting the Fuse: The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop it (University of Chicago Press, September, 2010) ). and articles "Why Economic Sanctions Do Not Work" (International Security, 1997), "The Determinants of International Moral Action" (International Organization, 1999), "The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism" (American Political Science Review, August 2003), and "The True Worth of Air Power" (Foreign Affairs, March/April 2004).
He is director of the Chicago Project on Security and Terrorism, http://cpost.uchicago.edu.
His current work focuses on the origins of suicide terrorism and the logic of soft balancing in a unipolar world. His commentary on international security policy has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, New Republic, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, and the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, as well as on ABC, the BBC and NPR.
Produced by www.CheemaCommunications.com
Standard YouTube License
- 15:07 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 3 of 4)by Cheema Communications4,375 views
- 14:32 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 2 of 4)by Cheema Communications6,680 views
- 14:54 Prof. Robert Pape on his groundbreaking study - "Dying to Win" (Part 1 of 4)by Cheema Communications17,071 views
- 13:57 Part 1: Haroon Moghul on "Islamophobia: The New Face of Discrimination"by Cheema Communications1,533 views
- 1:23:50 The Politics and Ethics of the Rise of China: Rosemary Footby Ian McKay2,622 views
- 14:56 Part 2: Haroon Moghul on "Islamophobia: The New Face of Discrimination"by Cheema Communications640 views
- 5:31 The Caliphate is Coming, The Caliphate is Comingby GateKeeper50hotmail19,289 views
- 14:52 Part 3: Haroon Moghul on "Islamophobia: The New Face of Discrimination"by Cheema Communications528 views
- 6:03 CNBC: Ron Paul's question makes Ben Bernake's voice quiverby RonPaulvsTyranny336,699 views
- 1:32:55 Is There A Future For Multiculturalism?by lsewebsite4,639 views
- 54:26 Global Politics and Economics: A 21st Century View presented by Parag Khanna, Part 1 of 2by The University of Scranton6,453 views
- 1:27:55 Cutting the Fuse - Robert Pape and Gov. Thomas Keanby NewAmericaFoundation1,407 views
- 50:24 The BLOWBACK SYNDROME: Oil Wars and Overreachby eon346,757 views
- 40:50 Ron Paul's Greatest Interview: Gold, Silver, Freedom, Free Markets, & Sound Money - Mike Maloneyby whygoldandsilver338,175 views
- 32:33 Sam Harris vs Robert Pape on Suicide Terrorismby ExposingTheism23,131 views
- 3:36 Ron Paul to Piers Morgan: Let all the British kids go over there and die!by alephba61122,825 views
- 42:05 Jesse Ventura on CNN w/ Piers Morgan 04/04/11 ( full interview )by RonPaulFriends324,765 views
- 6:44 12 yr old puts romney - obama supporter knowledge to shame - Ron paul 2012by kindly950201,183 views
- 4:47 Ron paul predicted 9/11 IN 1998!by Bashananal54,141 views
- 13:52 Sam Harris vs Robert Pape on Religious Martyrdomby ExposingTheism3,965 views
- Loading more suggestions...