How to Make a Scary Halloween Costume from Classic Horror Movies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 12, 2011
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Make Halloween Costumes videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/118-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Scare the pants off people by transforming yourself into a big-screen psycho. Here's how to impersonate 5 famous film fiends.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Be a doll
Be creepy killer doll Chucky: Wear denim overalls, a colorful striped shirt, and red sneakers; get a cheap, medium-length red wig, wash it in dish soap, and let it dry by itself so the texture is straw-like; and draw crude stitches on your face with a dark red eye pencil.
Step 2: Go as Leatherface
Go as Leatherface, the madman from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, by wearing a plain apron over jeans, a short-sleeved button-down shirt, and a loosened tie. Then draw jagged stitches on a generic rubber mask with a marker and put on a messy wig. Carry a toy chain saw to complete this scary Halloween costume.
Step 3: Elect yourself Prom Queen
Elect yourself prom queen by going as Carrie -- the ultimate bully victim turned avenger: Wear a long white dress "covered with fake blood":http://www.howcast.com/videos/27601-H..., and smear some of it on your arms, chest, face, and hair. Wear a tiara and hold a blood-spattered bouquet of flowers.
A polyester nightgown or slip is an inexpensive alternative to a prom dress.
Step 4: Be a ringer for Samara
Be a ringer for Samara, the evil child ghost from The Ring. To make this scary Halloween costume, rub a plain white dress in dirt to get it stained and dingy. Rip it in parts so it's also tattered. Brush white powder makeup over your face, then smudge brown eye shadow here and there. Wear your hair -- or a long wig -- wet, uncombed, and parted in the middle so it hangs in your face.
Step 5: Puzzle everyone
Piece together a Jigsaw costume from Saw. Create bulging cheeks and a jutting chin out of mortician's wax, also known as modeling putty. Then cover your face in white makeup, and add a ring of black around your eyes and two streaks of black down each side of your chin. Finish with exaggerated red lips and red bulls-eye marks on your fake cheeks. Wear a white shirt, black jacket, and red bow tie. Happy Halloween!
Did You Know?
The stabbing sounds in Psycho's infamous shower scene were made by plunging a knife into a melon.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:22 How to Deal with a Bad Teacherby Howcast Featured 24,826
- 1:43 How to Come Up with Last-Minute Halloween Costumesby Howcast352,412 views
- 1:47 How to Make a Dissolving Bikini as a Prankby Howcast7,131,231 views
- 1:55 10 Beauty Tips and Tricks | Quick Tipsby Howcast24,884 views
- 1:54 How to Get a Free Mealby Howcast442,971 views
- 13:43 Halloween Make up 5: Zombie FX (special effects) | Silvia Quirosby Silvia Quirós5,296,106 views
- 15:51 SODASTREAM- DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?by grav3yardgirl827,784 views
- 12:57 20 Worst Tattoos Everby Rhett & Link 21,946,778 views
- 14:00 chucky Child's Play Halloween Mörderpuppe Tutorial make upby Ebrus Beautylounge1,434,117 views
- 14:31 Empties Review Friday Eve!by leighannsays65,891 views
- 44 videos Play all Halloween Costumes for Adultsby roosterdog
- 6:45 My Drunk Kitchen: BIRTHDAY CAKEby MyHarto1,624,597 views
- 5:08 halloween stuff at big lotsby jobeanvideos63,977 views
- 4:09 How-to Make Recycled Fairy Wings, Threadbangerby ThreadBanger637,105 views
- 6:25 LPS Halloween Costumesby fireandiceprod3337,859 views
- 8:03 Tutorial 3: "Coraline e la porta magica"by SteacyJ2,922,699 views
- 11:05 25 Worst Halloween Costumes Ever!by Rhett & Link 2532,115 views
- 11:15 VAMPIRE Makeup Hair Costume (Halloween Transformation)by Julia Graf4,004,119 views
- 7:50 I've Got the Rots: A True Blood Makeup Tutorialby goldiestarling339,477 views
- 5:13 Halloween 2010 : Back from the Dead Zombie Costume & Makeup - Secretlifeofabionerdby ThreadBanger43,815 views