Julie Clark Keynote at Affiliate Summit West 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 27, 2013
Keynote presentation by Julie Clark, a former English and art teacher, who founded The Baby Einstein Company in 1996, at Affiliate Summit West 2013, which took place January 13-15, 2013 at Caesars Palace Las Vegas.
Her goal was to provide fun, interactive ways to expose babies and moms to the arts and humanities. Julie's first two videos — Baby Einstein and Baby Mozart — were filmed in her basement using borrowed equipment, and edited on a home computer.
Five years, 10 videos and 30 children's books later, Julie sold Baby Einstein to The Walt Disney Company for an undisclosed sum. In 2001, the year of acquisition, the company's sales exceeded $20 million, and Baby Einstein-branded products could be found at retailers worldwide.
Prior to the Disney sale, Julie and the story of Baby Einstein were covered extensively by the national media, including appearances on Oprah, Entertainment Tonight, Live! with Regis and Kelly, and The View. She has been featured in USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, People Magazine, Entrepreneur, and Working Mother. In 2008, Julie was honored by President Bush at his State of the Union Address.
Julie's new venture is a return to familiar territory — creating and incubating new brands. Aigner Clark Creative combines her love of the creative process with her commitment to charitable-giving. The first brand developed by Aigner Clark Creative — The Safe Side — was launched in May 2005 and benefits The National Center For Missing & Exploited Children (www.missingkids.com). The Safe Side's first home video — Stranger Safety — was awarded three Emmys and named Video of the Year by Parenting Magazine. To date, The Safe Side has donated over $250,000 to NCMEC.
Julie is a two-time breast cancer survivor, and recently authored a children's book called Your Love is the Best Medicine, which helps parents explain cancer treatment to their children. The book, published by Harper Collins in September of 2010, provides support for breast cancer research at The Jonsson Comprehensive Canter Center at UCLA.
Julie is the recipient of Ernst & Young's "Entrepreneur of the Year Award," as well as Working Mother's "Entrepreneur of the Year Award" in three categories — Most Philanthropic Company, Most Innovative Business and Best Small Company. Julie received The Distinguished Alumni Award from The College of Arts and Letters at Michigan State University.
Julie presently lives in Colorado with her husband, two daughters, and a menagerie of rescued animals.
Affiliate Summit, the premier affiliate marketing conference, was founded by Missy Ward and Shawn Collins in 2003 for the purpose of providing educational sessions on the latest industry issues and fostering a productive networking environment for affiliate marketers.
Get more information on Affiliate Summit at http://www.affiliatesummit.com
Standard YouTube License
- 29:46 Affiliate Ad Networks for Website Monetizationby elithecomputerguyFeatured 5,740
- 1:10:56 Tim Ash Keynote at Affiliate Summit West 2013by Shawn Collins 629 views
- 37:13 Jeremy Schoemaker Keynote at Affiliate Summit West 2012by Shawn Collins 3,786 views
- 57:30 Women of Affiliate Marketing Keynote at Affiliate Summit East 2012by Shawn Collins 594 views
- 28:10 Baby Einstein 12 - Baby Galileo Discovering the Sky.aviby сергей бунов 9,500 views
- 1:05:18 Affiliate to CEO from Guys Who've BTDT Keynote Panel at Affiliate Summit West 2013by Shawn Collins 1,547 views
- 59:26 Bryan Eisenberg Keynote at Affiliate Summit East 2011by Shawn Collins 3,428 views
- 28:34 Baby Einstein - Numbers Nurseryby TerrapinStation5 1,498,730 views
- 7:10 Affiliate Summit West 2013 Meet Marketby MotoTTZ 332 views
- 29:27 Baby Einstein-Baby McDonaldby zirochka 23,457,608 views
- 1:13:26 Webinar - Business Opportunities in Brazil: Trade Mission for Green Companiesby TradeGov 1,283 views
- 11:51 Science Of Persuasionby influenceatwork 707,206 views
- 1:14:21 Affiliate Summit Webinar: Affiliate Marketing 101by Shawn Collins 1,912 views
- 23:16 First Timers Guide for Affiliate Summit East 2010by Shawn Collins 742 views
- 50:34 Dave Cupples Keynote at Affiliate Summit East 2012by Shawn Collins 591 views
- 31:10 Baby Einstein - Discovering Shapesby TerrapinStation5 733,819 views
- 10:06 Wat is Affiliate Marketing, Nederlandstalige uitlegby SamRijver 3,492 views
- 31:10 Baby Einstein - Descubriendo Formasby MusicForBabys 13,368 views
- 21:05 Affiliate Summit West 2013 Pinnacle Awardsby Shawn Collins 154 views
- 33:52 Baby Einstein - Baby Monet: Discovering the Seasonsby TerrapinStation5 1,455,063 views
- Loading more suggestions...