Ermenegildo Zegna Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 26, 2012
IN THE ZEGNA ATELIER, A NEW INTERPRETATION OF SILK
A yearning for Couture pervades the spring-summer Ermenegildo Zegna collection.
The rigor of the Italian sartorial tradition opens up to sophisticated possibilities that blur the line between eclecticism and eccentricity, expressed through a gamut of new fabrics.
The atelier's mirror is once again an essential counterpart with which to install an ongoing dialogue, one made of exigent looks where control and aesthetic reassurance alternate with one another.
A well-defined silhouette underscored by jackets with sober saddle shoulders, a higher waistline and wide lapels that favor a lean figure complemented by high-waist slim trousers with stitched pleats.
A confident yet comfortable construction, one that gives every man the power to exude an elegant allure, buoyed by an ample selection of fabrics that spotlights the summer offering of the Zegna Silk project.
A closet that mirrors a grown up and self-confident man who is familiar with the value of an impeccably tailored suit but who wants to indulge with gentle whiffs of eccentricity, like the all- over tropical-inspired prints that beckon from the details of shirts, linings and accessories. The color wheel spans from classic ivory and blue to cloud gray, as well as shades of tobacco, teal and red.
Beefy fabrics make the difference in the formal and cocktail attire, with suits and overcoats in silk taffeta, laser perforated double silks and shimmering shantung. A luxurious alternative is the solid Irish linen.
An overall rendition of the classics that draws liberally from women's weaves and textures, reinterpreted with Zegna's relentless knack to experiment that is extended as far as the shirt, amongst the most seductive ever in soft printed silk with a vintage feel, and to silk moulinè or twisted knitwear.
Summer, with its laid back pace, never sheds its elegant aura even with the sportier garments that draw from the couture tradition to become blousons, cabans and sport jackets made with nappa plongè, double layer cottons and high performing silks.
The accessories are the turning point of this flawless look. There's no going wrong with the tasseled loafers Heritage and the flexible unlined "mocassini" in butter soft calfskin or -- even more sensational -- in silk, enriched with a motif of tiny banana tree leaves.
Bags reconquer their aplomb, geometric and inspired by erstwhile luggage in the handles, corners and trimmings.
Silk twill and knitted ties and printed scarves that evoke cache-cols add the final touch.
The mirror approves.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:40 Ermenegildo Zegna Spring Summer 2013 - ADV Backstageby Ermenegildo Zegna 9,502 views
- 9:18 Winter's tale - Ermenegildo Zegna Autumn Winter 2012/13 Fashion Showby Ermenegildo Zegna 27,399 views
- 8:54 ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA SPRING SUMMER 2012 FASHION SHOW "Shining Silk Passion"by Ermenegildo Zegna 14,401 views
- 1:22 Ermenegildo Zegna Spring Summer 2012 Advertising Videoby Ermenegildo Zegna 12,684 views
- 2:39 Backstage | Ermenegildo Zegna Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Showby Ermenegildo Zegna 2,873 views
- 1:31 UOMO the new fragrance from Ermenegildo Zegnaby Ermenegildo Zegna 10,486 views
- 2:25 Ermenegildo Zegna - Outerwearby Ermenegildo Zegna 1,722 views
- 2:17 Preppy Style: an interactive shopping experience (2 of 3)by Ermenegildo Zegna 11,973 views
- 3:45 Oasi Zegna, An Autumn Tale - by Mattias Klumby Ermenegildo Zegna 2,129 views
- 1:20 How to Tie a Pratt Knot - Ties Around the World - The Knots - Ermenegildo Zegnaby Ermenegildo Zegna 45,652 views
- 1:14 Monterubello Watch Collectionby Ermenegildo Zegna 13,046 views