This video is unavailable.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2011
Build your own Rubik's Cube solver from just a LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 set.
MindCuber is available as a bonus model on the LEGO MINDSTORMS website.
An enhanced version of the executable program for the NXT 2.0 version and build instructions and program for the NXT 8527 (orange box) version are now available on http://mindcuber.com
There are some troubleshooting tips (including notes on how to calibrate the color sensor using the white face of the cube) at: http://www.mindcuber.com/mindcuber/mi...
Software source code will be available in the near future on http://mindcuber.com
Please share your experiences building MindCuber on the MindCuber facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lego.mindcuber
MindCuber is believed to be the fastest, completely autonomous, LEGO robot to solve the well known Rubik's Cube puzzle. Total solve time, including the scan, averages around 1 min 55 secs for the version shown in this video although the published version averages around 2 min 30 secs.
MindCuber's unique mechanical design allows the cube to be manipulated quickly and reliably using only two motors allowing the third motor to be used to move the colour sensor during the scan.
The software for the solver runs on the ARM7 microprocessor in the NXT "Intelligent Brick" using the LEGO colour light sensor to scan the cube. The ultrasonic sensor is used to detect when the cube is inserted to start the solve automatically.
MindCuber uses a table-driven solving algorithm that was developed to fit in the limited memory of the NXT while generating reasonably short solutions of around 30 to 40 moves.
MindCuber can also be seen solving a Void Cube at:
A version of MindCuber that can be built from the original LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT kit (8527 Orange box) and an additional color sensor can be seen at:
Other LEGO solvers can be seen on http://www.youtube.com/IAssemble
and on http://www.youtube.com/user/ARMflix/v...
Mike Dobson (Oscarworld, @RoboticSolutions), with whom I jointly created CubeStormer II, has kindly allowed me to use another of his wonderful musical creations, "Cube-essence", as backing for this video.
MindCuber was demonstrated publicly for the first time at the World Robot Olympiad in Abu Dhabi from 18th-20th November 2011.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:11 NXT Intelligent Trainby TDS200705Featured 129,413
- 7:05 House made from all legoby berd219 626,769 views
- 3:08 CubeStormer II "The Ultimate Cube Solver"by RoboticSolutions 71,797 views
- 8:47 RoboGames 2009 Day 2 Highlightsby GerbilGod7 238,585 views
- 5:27 Lego Mindstorms Rubiks Cube Solving Robotby Nicholas Wilson 52,503 views
- 3:23 Lego Robotic Armby Max Shepherd 557,002 views
- 6:29 LEGO Car Production WHZby Jomilit 398,149 views
- 50 videos Play all Cube Solverby lemariogo
- 2:51 ARM Powered Android LEGO MultiCuber 777by ARMflix 829,165 views
- 4:21 NXT Race Carby nxtprograms 259,243 views
- 0:53 prototype PF/NXT-OMNISPIDER omnidirectional LEGO walking spider robot technic mindstormsby Menno Gorter 651,109 views
- 5:18 Lego Nxt 2.0 ROBOGLOVE ........(with 7 attachments!!)by Sourav Johar 231,027 views
- 4:32 LEGO Technic Piper Super Cubby avro200 420,375 views
- 3:25 LEGO GBC module : Ball Factory ver.2by akiyuky 747,695 views
- 2:59 Lego NXT - THE ULTIMATE SAFEby lv0404 1,221,210 views
- 2:52 Lego Subtractor tankby Rickard Nordström 285,280 views
- 6:38 The robot to solve Rubik's cubeby Danboo314 47,660 views
- 1:00 LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Liquid Dispenserby bartix512 100,654 views
- 10:00 Mindstorms Aircraft Factoryby knusel111 680,988 views
- 2:15 Tilted Twister 2.0 - LEGO Mindstorms Rubik's Cube solverby Hans Andersson 143,005 views
- 1:49 Time Twister (prototype) - LEGO Mindstorms Digital Clockby Hans Andersson 1,759,506 views
- Loading more suggestions...