Homemade Stirling Engine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 9, 2012
A Stirling engine is a heat engine operating by cyclic compression and expansion of air or other gas, the working fluid, at different temperature levels such that there is a net conversion of heat energy to mechanical work.
Like the steam engine, the Stirling engine is traditionally classified as an external combustion engine, as all heat transfers to and from the working fluid take place through the engine wall. This contrasts with an internal combustion engine where heat input is by combustion of a fuel within the body of the working fluid. Unlike a steam engine's (or more generally a Rankine cycle engine's) usage of a working fluid in both its liquid and gaseous phases, the Stirling engine encloses a fixed quantity of permanently gaseous fluid such as air.
Typical of heat engines, the general cycle consists of compressing cool gas, heating the gas, expanding the hot gas, and finally cooling the gas before repeating the cycle. The efficiency of the process is narrowly restricted by the efficiency of the Carnot cycle, which depends on the temperature difference between the hot and cold reservoir.
Originally conceived in 1816 as an industrial prime mover to rival the steam engine, its practical use was largely confined to low-power domestic applications for over a century.
The Stirling engine is noted for its high efficiency compared to steam engines, quiet operation, and the ease with which it can use almost any heat source. This compatibility with alternative and renewable energy sources has become increasingly significant as the price of conventional fuels rises, and also in light of concerns such as peak oil and climate change. This engine is currently exciting interest as the core component of micro combined heat and power (CHP) units, in which it is more efficient and safer than a comparable steam engine.
Standard YouTube License
- 32:54 Easy to Build Stirling Cycle Engine. Free Plans, Hot Airby myfordboyFeatured 412,656
- 0:49 How to Buy in Russiaby Канал пользователя Sawerrt 688,014 views
- 0:57 Crazy Carouselby Канал пользователя Sawerrt 16,267 views
- 0:56 Siberian Kung Fu Bear (Music Version)by Канал пользователя Sawerrt 11,108 views
- 0:41 Curious Bear on the Roadby Sawerrt 6,011 views
- 4:56 1200 rpm DIY water bottle Stirling engineby Technology for Development 126,615 views
- 4:13 Small DIY Stirling engine charges cell phoneby approtechie 67,979 views
- 4:08 1685 rpm 10-watt DIY Stirling engineby Technology for Development 55,566 views
- 14:27 Fast and Easy Can Stirling Engine Tutorial Part 1by Scrap To Power 224,673 views
- 1:02 Small DIY Stirling engine drives 19" fan, 350 rpm!by Technology for Development 72,867 views
- 9:06 free power, how it works, the stirling engine part 1by electrondon 371,154 views
- 3:32 Home made Ultra LTD and Ultra Fast Stirling Engineby csizmarikg 127,167 views
- 10:52 Stirling kit assembly videoby Scrap To Power 209,709 views
- 2:34 Fast Homemade LTD Stirling Engineby csizmarikg 70,237 views
- 67 videos Play all Stirling homemade enginesby pirondinimarco
- 3:10 Stirling Motor Engine Running on a Small Candleby The Free Energy Videos 333 views
- 14:57 [Tutorial] Como construir Motor Stirling caseiro passo a passo explicativo - Stirling engineby leandrojwfolha 538,573 views
- 2:05 Stirling engine exampleby infarc 729,603 views
- 2:02 Stirling engine R/C model carby kugison 506,213 views
- 4:05 Solar Stirling Engine Generatorby PatGirvin 632,447 views
- 4:30 Soda can Stirling engine - 860 rpmby Technology for Development 583,031 views
- Loading more suggestions...