Published on Feb 5, 2014
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO SEE MORE VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/ohjoy
With Valentine's Day coming up, I wanted to share a couple sweet treats you can easily make for anyone in your life. Whether it's your friend, neighbor, teacher, friend, or your dearest Valentine, give them a little unexpected treat!
// CREDITS //
Brought to you by Oh Joy + Target
Art Direction by Oh Joy
Video by Jenner Brown: http://lumineuxfilms.com
Music is "Hello Sweetheart" by Katie Ro: http://www.katieromusic.com/#!katie-r...
Hair & Makeup by Danielle Walch: http://daniellewalchmakeup.com/
Production and Craft Assistant Julia Wester: http://juliasirwester.com
// INGREDIENTS AND ITEMS SHOWN //
- Valentine's Day string lights: http://tgt.biz/1ftr80b
- Decorative tortoise shell box: http://tgt.biz/LxeUu7
- Washi tape: http://tgt.biz/1inkD16
- Copper measuring cups, stainless steel saucepan, ceramic pie pan, heart-shaped snack cup from Target stores.
- Embossing set with heart cookie cutters: http://bit.ly/1lxiu8p
- Agar Agar Powder: http://bit.ly/1kGcA0G
- Fruit, pie-crust, and other basic ingredients: from a local grocery store
- My outfit: dress by Sonnet James: http://bit.ly/1bwHYMx, brooch by Ban.do: http://bit.ly/1drBgns, belt is vintage.
// RECIPE //
Pie Crust Conversation Hearts
store-bought pie crust
clay embossing set (to make words!)
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2. Roll out dough onto surface.
3. Using a cookie cutter, cut pie crust into hearts.
4. Stamp letters (using clay embossing set) onto cut-out pie crust shapes.
5. Poke holes on each side of heart with a bamboo skewer.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 mins or until edges are golden brown (7-8 mins).
7. Immediately use bamboo skewer to poke holes through completely.
8. Coat with sugar after baking.
9. String with ribbon and give in a decorated box!
// RECIPE //
Orange-Berry Heart Gummies
2 cups and ¼ cup diced strawberries
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup OJ
3 tbsp. sugar (more to taste)
4 tsp agar agar powder (or (6) 1 oz. packets of gelatine)
1. Mix orange juice, lemon juice, and strawberries in a pot.
2. Let the mixture simmer on medium until fruit is extra soft.
3. Remove mixture from stove and add to a blender or food processor.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Pass through strainer and back into pot to remove seeds from strawberries.
6. Meanwhile mix agar in warm water until it blooms. Start with 3 tablespoons of warm water and stir. Add a tiny bit more until it turns into a soft paste.
7. Turn pot to medium heat. Then add sugar. Once it's at a gentle boil, add bloomed agar and mix with a rubber spatula to even out the bubbles and make sure the agar has fully dissolved.
8. Turn heat to low and continue mixing with spatula—it will start to thicken.
9. Pour mixture into a pan or tin, then place in refrigerator to firm.
10. Once cooled, cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
Also try other flavors:
Substitute the 2 cups of strawberries for raspberries or pomegranate juice!
Please tag me on Instagram @ohjoy if you make these! I'd love to see them! And, to pin stills from this video to Pinterest, please visit my blog post at: http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/2014...