This video is unavailable.
Bootstrap Compost: Picking Up Your Food Scraps, Profiting, Giving Back. A Sustainable Success Story
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 14, 2011
http://www.igorkharitonenkov.com - Andy Brooks sits down to discuss his growing sustainable business venture, Bootstrap Compost, and shares his insights on the socially responsible consumer. Based out of Boston, Bootstrap is a human-powered, year-round food scrap pickup service and a model example of a profitable green business. Bootstrap was founded in January 2011 and has grown considerably to date, successfully tapping into the eco-conscious consumer market - people with green lifestyles that reflect a desire to lessen our harm to the planet. But that's not all. Andy and Bootstrap have already produced over 500lbs of compost, most of which is being donated to city gardens in the Boston area, making our city greener, healthier, and more sustainable.
From http://www.BootstrapCompost.com: Bootstrap Compost is Greater Boston's only year-round kitchen scrap pickup service. We use bikes, trains, hand trucks, and the occasional vehicle to collect and transport compostable material from houses, apartments, dorms, co-ops, and condos. Additionally, we'll happily collect scraps from farmer's markets, cafes, restaurants, concerts, festivals, cult gatherings — you name it. And the coolest thing is this: all active Bootstrap customers receive a portion of super rich compost 10-15 weeks after their initial deposit to the Bootstrap Compost bank. The second coolest thing is this: We donate finished compost to urban gardens in Roxbury and Jamaica Plain. Ultimately, the Bootstrap Compost philosophy is simple: To give Bostonians a means to harness the power of organic scraps; to give back to the community what Bootstrap borrows from the community; to have fun; to enjoy work.
Special thanks to bidibop for music, and City Feed and Supply and Stillman's Farm for filming permission.
Standard YouTube License
- 15:25 Growing Mushrooms at Windy Field Farmsby fitfortwotvFeatured 18,465
- 6:15 Making Compost - One Company's Pursuit of a Dreamby CompostJunkie 1,862 views
- 4:16 Commercial Food Scrap Composting Pilot in the City of Sonomaby sonomacompost 1,777 views
- 2:38 News on Main: EcoScraps Strikes Gold With Garbageby BusinessOnMain 2,047 views
- 25:32 Half-Pint Homestead Garden Barrel Constructionby Halfpinthomestead 26,090 views
- 12:02 How to Make Compost the Easy Wayby growingyourgreens 140,139 views
- 9:31 Food Waste Recycling -- Simple and Fast Processing with Microbes Part 1by bokashivideos 4,425 views
- 5:24 EcoScraps on Big Budah Part 1/6by EcoScrapsTV 1,550 views
- 13:41 Harvesting Worm Castings from our indoor worm composting binby ArizonaAdventures 2,610 views
- 6:08 The Compost Enthusiast Jan 2012.wmvby CompostJunkie 474 views
- 8:28 How to make a Worm Composting Binby BigTexWorms 62,569 views
- 6:24 How to make compostby kitchengardeners 433,791 views
- 25:14 Lowest Delivered Prices on Rock Dust, Compost Tea & other Organic Fertilizers for Your Gardenby growingyourgreens 29,680 views
- 3:42 Worm Composting Bin - Moving Away From Plasticby CompostJunkie 6,892 views
- 3:14 Composting at Home: Two Easy Methodsby enviromompdx 188,577 views
- 4:06 Food waste collection service by Keenan Recyclingby magnusmulihan 1,755 views
- 7:38 Worm Compost: 20 gallons harvested in basement!by OrganicGarden123 16,260 views
- 8:08 Simple & Effective Worm Composting on your Homestead with Marjory Wildcraftby Marjory Wildcraft 112,360 views
- 8:00 Straw bale garden update.. Peas, bees & compost worms.. 11th June..by Rob Bob 1,176 views
- 6:20 Vermicomposting - An Overviewby TheCompostGuy 129,615 views
- Loading more suggestions...