TITANIC 1912 ORIGINAL FILM FOOTAGE VERY VERY RARE FILM,
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 24, 2010
VERY OLD FILM OF THE TITANIC VERY RARE FILM,
RMS Titanic was a passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean on 15 April 1912 after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southampton, UK to New York City, US. The sinking of Titanic caused the deaths of 1,514 people in one of the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters in history. She was the largest ship afloat at the time of her maiden voyage. The second of three Olympic class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line, she was built between 1909--11 by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. She carried 2,223 people.
Her passengers included some of the wealthiest people in the world, as well as over a thousand emigrants from Great Britain and Ireland, Scandinavia and elsewhere seeking a new life in North America. The ship was designed to be the last word in comfort and luxury, with an on-board gymnasium, swimming pool, libraries, high-class restaurants and opulent cabins. She also had a powerful wireless telegraph provided for the convenience of passengers as well as for operational use. Though she had advanced safety features such as watertight compartments and remotely activated watertight doors, she lacked enough lifeboats to accommodate all of those aboard. Because of outdated maritime safety regulations, she carried only enough lifeboats for 1,178 people -- slightly more than half of the number travelling on the maiden voyage and one-third her total passenger and crew capacity.
After leaving Southampton on 10 April 1912, Titanic called at Cherbourg in France and Queenstown (now Cobh) in Ireland before heading westwards towards New York. On 14 April 1912, four days into the crossing and about 375 miles (600 km) south of Newfoundland, she hit an iceberg at 11:40 pm (ship's time; GMT−3). The glancing collision caused Titanic's hull plates to buckle inwards in a number of locations on her starboard side and opened five of her sixteen watertight compartments to the sea. Over the next two and a half hours, the ship gradually filled with water and sank. Passengers and some crew members were evacuated in lifeboats, many of which were launched only partially filled. A disproportionate number of men -- over 90% of those in Second Class -- were left aboard because of a "women and children first" protocol followed by the officers loading the lifeboats. Just before 2:20 am Titanic broke up and sank bow-first with over a thousand people still on board. Many of those in the water died within minutes from hypothermia caused by immersion in the freezing ocean. Some, however, were rescued by lifeboats able to hold more passengers, and others able to board Collapsible A, partially submerged, or Collapsible B, floating upturned. The 710 survivors were taken aboard from the lifeboats by RMS Carpathia.
For more videos check my website!
Standard YouTube License
- 15:02 Everything Wrong With Titanic In 9 Minutes Or Soby CinemaSins Featured 1,862,866
- 9:11 SAVEURS, DARTMOUTH UK (PART 1) TRADITIONAL FRENCH BAKERS MAKING FRENCH BAGUETTES & BREADby TOPCAMERAMAN226,780 views
- 1:17 CRASHED ME 109,VERY RARE VIDEO WW2, FULL VIDEO CLIP VERSION,1944/45by TOPCAMERAMAN761,299 views
- 8:50 MODELS OF THE 1960s FROM LUTON WHERE ARE THEY NOW.???????by TOPCAMERAMAN14,932 views
- 10:02 STEAM TRAINS VERY OLD MOVIE (PART 1) HEAVEN ON RAILSby TOPCAMERAMAN16,820 views
- 58:42 Pompeii: The Mystery Of People Frozen In Time - History Documentaryby TheAncientWorlds753,133 views
- 46:57 sinking of the concordia caught on camera hdtv x264 c4tv pby Matt Antcliff353,913 views
- 1:49:11 Raise The Titanicby MasterVideoStudios3,307 views
- 7:09 Movie Mistakes: Titanic (1997)by SKR Main2,977,493 views
- 4:32 Titanic - 1912 Original Video Footageby mongoslade45424,512,651 views
- 9:55 B-24 Liberator: "Ditching of a B-24 Airplane into the James River" 1944 NACA World War IIby Jeff Quitney227,219 views
- 2:33 Boeing C-17 Globemaster crash B-52 Jet Crash All Hell breaks loose Roy Dawson Realtor videoby Roy Dawson6,362,351 views
- 9:43 Damage Costa Concordia after rising the shipby HiDiHoVideos244,312 views
- 3:48 Dead Celebrities 2013-The First Six Monthsby Coffeesmoke268,732 views
- 46:53 The Curse of the Titanic Sister Ships (2005)by surfdawg5221,478 views
- 7:23 TITANIC MUSEUMby Jaime Vermeulen719,127 views
- 1:26 (1912-2013 TITANIC) Human remains at Titanic shipwreck siteby McAfeez TeeV989,843 views
- 45:18 I knew Bin Laden - Al-Jazeera Documentaryby theweeklystash80,874 views
- 1:40 BABY MERMAID BIRTH CONFIRMED!!!by billschannel17,681,420 views
- 8:53 Titanic Footage & Survivors Interviewsby britishpathe1,129,231 views
- Loading more suggestions...