Hard Drive Data Recovery - Western Digital Head Swap
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 1, 2008
http://www.acsdata.com ~~~WARNING~~~ ****THIS IS NOT AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO**** There are key steps and some proprietary information that has been edited out. This is also only a 10 minute video, where just the head swap alone can take well over an hour depending on the drive. We also don't show our method for aligning the heads on this particular model.
This video was originally produced because many of our customers were simply curious, or ill informed about what is done to physically repair a hard drive for recovery. This video is not intended to make you think swapping heads is easy. This video is not intended to make you think you can do it yourself. In 99% of this cases, if you attempt this on your own, even within a clean room environment, you will probably lose your data for good.
Also, just because your drive is clicking, does not necessarily mean the heads are bad. Proper diagnosis is key with doing data recovery correctly. Most lower level companies will just try to swap the heads, when it may be a PCB or firmware issue. When the head swap doesn't work, they will say your data is unrecoverable. We get drives like that in every week, where a customer has been told the heads are bad, when they weren't. So just because your drive is clicking, there maybe something more to it, but you won't have the proper equipment needed to verify this or not and neither will a lower end data recovery firm.
The simple message here is, if your data is critical, make absolutely sure you let a professional data recovery firm do the recovery. Even if you have no desire at all to send a hard drive to us for recovery, PLEASE shop around, do your homework on the industry and ask for solid references from the company you do choose. If they are local, maybe even stop by their offices just to check them out first. There are literally thousands of companies out there that say they do this type of work, but VERY few actually do. If they say they can do a physical recovery for $199, you might want to keep shopping. The parts alone can be more than that. In most cases, a physical recovery is going to run anywhere from $600 to $1,500+ depending on the size of the drive, and the type of failure that has occurred.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:39 Hard Drive Head Replacement Tools for 50 Centsby Scott MoultonFeatured 209,058
- 9:57 Build a portable power pack for $25by RBEglobal 331,101 views
- 8:36 Hard Drive Not Recognized? Try thisby greatestunknown 440,477 views
- 3:50 Dispelling the myth of Freezer Based Hard Drive Data Recoveryby Gill ware 119,554 views
- 2:15 Hard Drive Recovery - Inexpensiveby greatestunknown 141,869 views
- 46 videos Play all hard disk repairby robinson962004
- 1:30 How To Repair A Hard Driveby Spartensender 35,369 views
- 0:55 HDD click noise - bad sector problemby gicapopescu 168,355 views
- 4:26 Old cell phones are a gold mine | Made in Germanyby DW (English) 350,825 views
- Western Digital 365 videos1K
- 1:17 HDD Discoby fidisek 866,469 views
- 0:23 bike with worlds biggest tire dyno runby KraftwerkPerformance 3,979,753 views
- 2:23 How To Repair Laptop Hardisk Videoby nhatminh1209 238,480 views
- 1:06 Hard drive 'click of death' -- see it in actionby Jay tee 451,562 views
- 0:51 HHD speaker CZ--hdd reprak :Dby Honza D 490,132 views
- 5:41 How to access a hard drive from a dead computer.by twinbytesinc 366,108 views
- 9:00 Hard Drive Recovery Part 2by Scott Moulton 184,717 views
- 4:44 Жёсткий диск! Всё, что вы еще не видели своими глазами!by Александр Шелл 1,135,796 views
- 6:53 How to hack into a computer accountby Top3 youtuberz!!! U cnt... ...test it!!! 312,380 views
- 3:09 How To: Fix a Corrupted PS3 Hard Driveby Christian Figueroa 292,322 views
- 5:04 Hard drive teardownby engineerguyvideo's channel 584,933 views
- 9:58 Data Recovery Head Swap - Hard Drive Crash -by acsdata 138,858 views
- Loading more suggestions...