Hillary Clinton - Women's Rights are Human Rights Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 20, 2010
Check out the website I got this historic speech from! http://www.americanrhetoric.com/top10...
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Remarks to the U.N. 4th World Conference on Women Plenary Session
delivered 5 September 1995, Beijing, China
rought us to this point, distinguished delegates, and guests:
I would like to thank the Secretary General for inviting me to be part of this important United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women. This is truly a celebration, a celebration of the contributions women make in every aspect of life: in the home, on the job, in the community, as mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, learners, workers, citizens, and leaders.
It is also a coming together, much the way women come together every day in every country. We come together in fields and factories, in village markets and supermarkets, in living rooms and board rooms. Whether it is while playing with our children in the park, or washing clothes in a river, or taking a break at the office water cooler, we come together and talk about our aspirations and concern. And time and again, our talk turns to our children and our families. However different we may appear, there is far more that unites us than divides us. We share a common future, and we are here to find common ground so that we may help bring new dignity and respect to women and girls all over the world, and in so doing bring new strength and stability to families as well.
Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton (born October 26, 1947) is the 67th United States Secretary of State, serving in the administration of President Barack Obama. She was a United States Senator for New York from 2001 to 2009. As the wife of the 42nd President of the United States, Bill Clinton, she was the First Lady of the United States from 1993 to 2001. In the 2008 election, Clinton was a leading candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:48 Hillary Clinton - Women's Rights are Human Rights Part 2by BeatlesFanNumber9 6,476 views
- 26:39 Secretary Clinton Delivers Remarks at the 2012 Women in the World Summitby statevideo 52,394 views
- 22:52 Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barnard 2009 Commencement Addressby columbiauniversity 34,644 views
- 4:08 Saudi Princess Pushes For Women's Rightsby forbes 298,922 views
- 36:59 The Great Debate: Women's Rights & Roles in Islam ( Opening Statements - 1 of 3 )by MuslimByChoice 4,523 views
- 2:57 Hillary Clinton U.N. Women's Conference Beijingby andrewlgm 9,894 views
- 56:27 First Lady Michelle Obama Honors International Women of Courageby whitehouse 53,104 views
- 2:01 Afghan MP Malalai Joya - Women's Rightsby IntrinsicCanada 18,349 views
- 29 videos Play all Inspire me some more please!by missbplasencia
- 16:59 Secretary Clinton Delivers Remarks at LGBT Pride Month Eventby statevideo 28,597 views
- 9:51 HQ: Peace Conference 2009 - Women's Rights in Islam by Dr. Zakir Naik - Part 2/21by ShahadahProject 25,190 views
- 6:33 Global Women's Rightsby Jeremiah Smith 25,413 views
- 4:15 Sojourner Truth Speech of 1851, "Ain't I a Woman"by Pat Theriault 49,486 views
- 1:26 Republican Attack on Women's Rights. Part 1by weapprovethis 27,315 views
- 6:49 Women's Rights Activist Sandra Fluke: 'This November, Each of Us Must Speak Up'by PBSNewsHour 17,232 views
- 6:41 Mary Fisher "Whisper of AIDS" Speech 1992 Pt 1by maryfisherart 28,909 views
- 42:49 Women@Google: Hillary Clintonby AtGoogleTalks 178,341 views
- 2:36 Women Rightsby Rajat Diwan 2,915 views
- 44:48 Easter Parade 2013by sinnfeinireland 12,637 views
- 6:49 The best Speech - Severn Suzukiby be2212 457,319 views
- 5:47 The Invisible Woman: Inspiring Motivational speech about womenby manthonoagus 10,296 views
- Loading more suggestions...