Press Briefing - 19 September 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 19, 2012
Nerma Jelačić, Head of Communications, made the following statement:
The Trial Chamber today ordered Radovan Karadžić to present to the totality of his evidence in 300 hours, partially granting his request in relation to the time sought to present his Defence case. This figure includes the Accused's direct examination as well as any re-examination of his witnesses. Karadzic had originally requested 600 hours for the presentation of his case. In rendering its decision, the Trial Chamber considered a number of factors including the time taken by the Accused to cross-examine Prosecution witnesses and the fact that each single adjudicated fact does not need to be addressed during the Defence case. The decision was also based on the Chamber's concerns about the relevance and repetitive nature of the expected testimony of a large proportion of expected Defence witnesses. The decision is available online.
In the case of Ratko Mladić, the Trial Chamber is currently hearing the testimony of Ed Vulliamy, a journalist for the Guardian and the Observer who covered the war in the former Yugoslavia. Vulliamy is the 22nd witness to be called by the Prosecution since the start of the trial. His testimony is expected to be followed by that of Ibro Osmanović, a Bosnian-Muslim from Vlasenica who was detained during 1992 and 1993 in a police station, the Vlasenica prison, Sušica camp and Batković camp. The witness will speak about the Yugoslav People's Army (JNA) takeover of Vlasenica on 23 and 24 April 1992.
In the case of Jovica Stanišić and Franko Simatović, the Trial Chamber on Monday called both Defence cases closed and ordered the Prosecution to file a reasoned request for a rebuttal case, if any, by Monday, 24 September. Both parties have been ordered to file their final briefs one week after the last evidentiary decision is rendered. The closing arguments, which were initially scheduled to be held from 9 to 11 October, will now commence on the third Tuesday after the filing of the final briefs.
Two Status Conferences will be held next week. On Monday there will be one in the appeal of Milan Lukić and Sredoje Lukić at 15:30 in Courtroom III, followed by another one in the appeals case of Vujadin Popović and others on Wednesday, at 9:30 also in Courtroom III.
Finally, I would like to bring your attention to the Tribunal's Open Day which will be held this coming Sunday. The Tribunal will be opening its doors to the public as part of the fifth annual International Day. Journalists are cordially invited to cover the start of the event, including the President's opening remarks which will start at 11:15. Further information is available online.
Standard YouTube License
- 48:01 Initial Appearance - Milošević, Slobodan (Part 1/2) (Session 2) - 11 December 2001by ICTY New Media257 views
- 44:37 Initial Appearance - Milošević, Slobodan (Part 2/2) ( Session 3) - 29 October 2001by ICTY New Media419 views
- 8:14 Weekly Press Briefing - 14 November 2012by ICTY New Media506 views
- 4:46 Weekly Press Briefing 25 May 2011by ICTY New Media360 views
- 27:18 Хаг.Извештај за СЕП.17+21.12..mp4by zvizdukuosam645 views
- 18:04 Ed Vulliamy o izvještavanju iz rata u BiHby Mediacentar Sarajevo452 views
- 15:51 President Karzai & Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Joint Press Conference -- Nov 30, 2013by ARG18803,052 views
- 15:46 Weekly Press Briefing - 11th January 2012by ICTY New Media446 views
- 1:58 Weekly Press Briefing - 13 March 2013by ICTY New Media321 views
- 16:31 Press Conference Broadcast - 22 July 2011by ICTY New Media366 views
- 48:15 Bharat Ratna Sachin's press conference after Retirement!by P7News24x73,911 views
- 1:02:18 Završne riječi - Tolimir (Deo 3/3) - 21 august. 2012.by ICTY New Media247 views
- 1:13:52 Closing Arguments - Tolimir (Part 1/3) - 21 August 2012by ICTY New Media137 views
- 2:09:05 Proklanjavanje Hajrija Dzamije - Vlasenica, BiHby Sanel Babic155 views
- 2:10 Weekly Press Briefing - 28 March 2012by ICTY New Media268 views
- 1:17:21 Završne riječi - Tolimir (Deo 1/3) - 22 august. 2012.by ICTY New Media398 views
- 46:42 Initial Appearance - Milošević, Slobodan (Part 1/2) (Session 3) - 11 December 2001by ICTY New Media355 views
- 1:14:41 Closing Arguments - Tolimir (Part 2/3) - 21 August 2012by ICTY New Media151 views
- 3:42 Weekly Press Briefing - 22 February 2012by ICTY New Media1,350 views
- 5:34 Weekly Press Briefing - 6 June 2012by ICTY New Media429 views
- Loading more suggestions...