Uploaded on Apr 25, 2008
"Nothing is to be feared but fear itself." - Francis Bacon
I know a lot of people are going to get really riled up by this but it's what happened and I'm telling it because I think it's the right thing to do and I think travelers (especially youtubian travelers) should know and be prepared for the possibility of what happened to me happening to them also if they are thinking of traveling to the states in today's world.
Judging alone by the tons of mails I have received from travelers all over the globe since telling me stories that in some cases are much worse then my own, it is clear to me this is not some freak isolated incident. And that is sad. I realize Homeland Security have an important job to do. All I ask.. and I think you should ask.. is that they DO that job thoroughly and with respect to their fellow human beings. The two officers that dealt with me did not. This is mostly about those officers.. NOT America. I'm not anti-american. I am anti-idiocy. My case needs to be reviewed and looked over by Homeland Security. I will not give up until this happens.
Some super happy US travel tips by Dan:
- Memorize phone numbers of loved ones.
- Keep your e-mails censored from all forms of joking, sarcasm or riddles at least 12 months before travel. If someone mails you with any of the above delete them immediately.
- Make sure you have "permanant ties" to your nation before you leave it. Find out and be sure of what a "permanent tie" is and is not before departure.
- Do not film squat toilets in Japanese airports just because you think they look funny. This is considered odd behavior.
- Leave your laptop at home.
- Be aware that if you are meeting someone while in the US you've never met before in real life and have only known through other means (such as telephone, email & You Tube) this is considered highly suspicious and it will be deemed that you "do not know" the person and they are "not your friend" if you have not actually physically met them before.
- Bring more then one copy of your ATM receipts proving your bank account balance.. one may get "lost" unexpectedly.
- Do not wear pants on the plane that require a belt to hold them up..
What the I94W form looks like. You must fill this form out upon entering the US.
*Pay particular attention to the "waiver of rights" section
If you'd like to show your support or just have an opinion on the issue. Please post a video response to this video rather then the AustrALIEN one. I'd appreciate it a lot. Something needs to be done about this.
Standard YouTube License