How to Wave/Curl Hair with Pens/Pencils
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 29, 2010
NEW & EASIER HEAT-FREE CURLS TUTORIAL:
Will this work for thick hair? Long hair?
-YES. For thick and/or long hair, I'd recommend dividing your hair into 4+ more sections (as many as you'd need). That way, you won't have to cramp lots of hair into one pen/pencil.
Will this work for medium/short-lengthed hair? Layered hair?
-YES. It worked for my shoulder-lengthed layers, as you've seen in the video. If your hair is really layered, I'd suggest you to group your layers together according to their length.
Will this work for my hair (frizzy, curly, wavy, etc.)?
-I don't know your hair texture & type personally so I wouldn't know for sure. The best way to know is for YOU to GIVE IT A TRY!
Can I sleep with the pens in?
NO, I really wouldn't recommend it. One, you could be putting yourself in danger if you roll around so the pens might stab you hard in your scalp. Secondly, your curls might be TOO curly and frizzy when you take the pens out in the morning. Then, you'd have to spend lots of time trying to loosen your curls/waves up.
How long does the curls/waves last?
-ALL day for me without any hair products. They also lasted until the next day as well (even when I've slept in them) but they just got looser. If you need them to stay longer in your hair, use some hairspray!
I want to wear this to school but don't have much time in the morning?
-You can do this the night before and sleep on the waves. They should still be there in the morning but just a bit looser. It's a lot better than sleeping with the pens in, trust me. You can also do this in the morning and blow dry your hair for faster results. Although, your waves won't look as natural as they would if they were air-dried.
It doesn't work for me; HELP!
-Try these tips!(=
Take smaller sections
Remember to dampen your hair (70-80% dry), NOT wet it.
Wrap your hair tighter around the pens in the first few times
Wait for your hair to be COMPLETELY dry before taking the pens out.
Also, PRACTICE. You have to try it several times to know what works best for your hair.
I'll be making another tutorial similar to this but using an easier method. Perhaps that one will work for you if this doesn't! (:
LOOK WHO'S TALKING! :D.
Bleh, I hate talking in my videos because I always make things more complicated than they really are, but since this tutorial would be quite confusing with just annotations, I decided to guide you guys with my voice.
I actually came up with this waving method a long time ago but never got a chance to film a video on it until now. No need for a curling iron or a flat iron; just use your 'ol school supplies. Isn't it amazing how pens/pencils could do so much when we put them to some "experimentation?" :D.
It'd be great if you guys could try this out and let me know if it works! Results may vary! ^^;
Thank you for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 5:10 HEATLESS T-shirt Curlsby x3HahaFeatured 576,651
- 1:40 2 Minutes Lazy Bunby x3Haha 485,230 views
- 5:35 How To Cut A Fashion Mulletby x3Haha 377,432 views
- 3:45 HEATLESS Pencils & Markers Curlsby x3Haha 388,910 views
- 5:03 Perfect Sock Bun - Step by Stepby erikrosey 529,011 views
- 0:52 Twins! Adalia and Nataliaby Progeria Research Foundation 2,391,888 views
- 4:43 Sock Curled Hair !by Tori Payton 1,064,550 views
- 8:09 How to curl your hair with a sock! No heatby Loepsie 5,095,896 views
- 3:29 Easy Eye Tricksby shiseidousa 573,358 views
- 9:40 Heatless Curlsby dancelover129 203,347 views
- 2:07 Facemask for Clear & Bright Skinby alz786uk 295,762 views
- 2:11 Soft waves Overnight NO HEAT!by Michelle White 674,094 views
- 5:17 Ugly Girl TRANSFORMED into a Hot Girl ( Taylor Swift )by PhotoshopSurgeon 5,027,565 views
- 12:27 5 Quick and Easy Updo's for Dirty Messy Hairby michelle politano 655,009 views
- 7:45 How to: Curl Hair with a Straightenerby jubilantJOSEFINE 5,258,919 views
- 7:02 How To: Curls With No Heatby SabsBeauty 1,577,127 views
- Herbal Essences Videos 987 videos1K
- 2:36 ❤ Beautiful Curls With Socks!! No Heat!! Holiday Curls without Heat! ❤by ShimmerGold17 2,647,282 views
- 2:31 Seafoam Gradient Manicure for Girls' Life Magazineby pixiepolish 1,506,613 views
- 6:44 12 Quick & Simple Hairstylesby beautifymeeh 893,071 views
- 6:54 Loose Curls Tutorialby imma07ninja 186,278 views
- Loading more suggestions...