Chevy Volt The Politics
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 1, 2012
Chevy Volt Politics http://MrEnergyCzar.com This video is about the Chevy Volt and the politics.
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MrEnergyCzar....
• Twitter: https://Twitter.com/MrEnergyCzar
• I'm not affiliated with either party so I'm the average political Joe looking from the outside in. I think the Republicans lost a few opportunities to show that they are for the future, fuel efficient cars and using less oil.
• Back when the economy cratered, at the end of Bush's eight years in office, Bush signed the Wall Street bailout package in October 2008. The Republicans should be touting that Bush put in that bailout the $7,500 EV tax credit for the first 200,000 EV's sold in the states. That's what we're still operating under because there hasn't been that many bought yet.
• Maybe 100,000 total have been sold by the end of 2012. Also, Bush bailed out GM, to keep them alive, until after Obama took over. That's an opportunity to say, "We saved GM". Also, the Volt was being developed under Bush in 2007-2008 before Obama took over but they are not taking advantage of that.
• That was a good opportunity to affiliate themselves with one of the most awarded cars in our lifetimes. Also, Bush Sr. bought a Volt for his other son Neil Bush. With the EV credit and Bush Sr. buying a Volt, they could have ran with that but they didn't. I think they dropped the ball and Obama wisely picked it up and ran with it. Now he's the one whose associated with the Volt, which is the most successful selling plug-in electric or pure electric vehicle being sold in 2012.
• Certainly beating out the Leaf, the plug-in Prius and all other electric or plug-in cars. I think that was a lost opportunity for the Republicans. The Democrats picked it up and ran with it, and now Obama's going to get credit for saving GM and for the success of the Chevy Volt.
• I think Republicans are kind of in a jam now. I don't know how they are going to spin it to get it back to their credit but they still can, I think there is still time. Make any political comments, like my video, subscribe to my channel and go to MrEnergyCzar.com.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Chevy Volt Review
- 7:28 Chevy Volt One Year Reviewby MrEnergyCzar15,511 views
- 7:46 Chevy Volt Reviewby MrEnergyCzar65,965 views
- 3:05 Chevy Volt: Tire Inflator Compressorby MrEnergyCzar3,402 views
- 9:47 Chevy Volt the Facts and Mythsby TheEngineeringFamily28,928 views
- 13:12 Driving in the Chevy Volt - customer reviewby Robert Hilke4,865 views
- 4:03 39 Mile Daily Commute With My Chevy Voltby thereadyhiker5,030 views
- 15:49 2012 Chevrolet Volt Fully Loaded Review and Test Drive 1by CarsCatsCreative807 views
- 7:47 Chevrolet Volt Review - Everyday Driverby EverydayDriver200,974 views
- 19:06 Chevrolet Volt Review Specialby geekbeattv19,273 views
- 38:25 Chevy Volt one year owner interviewby ureviews16,406 views
- 13:24 2012 Chevrolet Volt Review - TheTechSource.TVby TheTechSource.TV49,507 views
- 11:28 Mulholland Drive in a Chevy Voltby Kevin Marousek2,909 views
- 11:55 500 Miles in a Day in a Nissan Leafby Quentin Clark6,550 views
- 8:53 Chevy Volt, A Tour of the Carby We Said Go Travel6,314 views
- 8:41 2012 Chevy Volt Reviewby unrooolie12,988 views
- 7:13 2013 Chevrolet Volt vs Toyota Camry Hybridby ChevroletOfSmithtown15,715 views
- 9:45 AutoTech - 2013 Chevrolet Volt Reviewby Luke DiMarco34,731 views
- 38:10 Chris Emerson - One Year Driving the Nissan Leafby JuanBagnell47,558 views
- 10:44 Use a Electric Car for Emergency Power during Outage.by KmanAuto1,210 views