Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign Against GMO Labeling
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 10, 2012
We've gone on at great lengths discussing the dangers of genetic modification. Monsanto's GMO corn has been linked to weight gain and organ function disruption, while GMO crops and pesticides destroy our farmland and environment.
According to the Alliance of Natural Health, the grandchildren of rats fed GMO corn were born sterile. GMO is just one of those things to avoid, but with our own government in bed with Monsanto, it's not easily done. Monsanto has recently launched a proverbial war against the open labeling of genetically modified foods, and only through activism and awareness can it be overcome.
The People Versus GMO
In February of this year, Vermont contemplated the Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act. The proposed bill prohibits GMO food producers from using keywords like "natural," "naturally made," "naturally grown," and "all natural" to describe GMO ingredients and products. In the same month, the National Conference of State Legislatures reported that nearly 20 states were considering similar programs. Public surveys and studies also show a whopping 90 percent of the U.S. in favor of such practices.
In theory, this should make California's GMO labeling initiative, which would require all foods within the state made with GM ingredients to carry a label stating so, a shoo-in. But let's not get so hasty.
Leaders in the disinformation campaign launched against the labeling initiative cry out that it would be—like the infamous Proposition 65, "The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986"—a way for bounty-hunting trial lawyers to file suits against even natural food companies for supposedly selling products containing undisclosed GMOs. Of course, GMO's ally StopCostlyFoodLabeling.com receives funding from the Council for Biotechnology Information. It should be no surprise that the likes of Monsanto and Dow count themselves members of the said organization.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:59 Bernie Sanders Goes After Monsantoby UNFAIR & BIASED 24,219 views
- 13:38 How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humansby TheHealthRanger 171,604 views
- 6:09 Bill Gates on GM foods, vaccines and Monsanto Nwo Puppetby demobee 385,612 views
- 5:25 11 YRS OLD EXPOSES MONSANTO AND TELLS MONSANTO WHERE THEY CAN SHOVE IT .. BRAVE CHILD.by renagade12's channel 629,556 views
- 7:44 How to Identify GMOs Sold in Whole Foods Marketby Alexis Baden-Mayer 71,036 views
- 48 videos Play all GMO mad science tinkering with the sacred spiral (DNA).
- 2:59 FDA Deletes 1 Million Signatures for GMO Labeling Campaign - FDA slave to Monsanto?by women4truth 5,838 views
- 15:44 Massachusetts Republican Party Disqualifies 17 Delegates Supporting Ron Paul! Maddow Interviews Oneby MOXNEWSd0tC0M 6,409 views
- 9:59 Monsanto to be slain by Brazilian farmers?by RTAmerica 19,111 views
- 9:40 Rachel Maddow Interviews a Ron Paul Delegate from Massachusetts Part 2by djgabrielpresents 7,696 views
- 9:05 Monsanto to get immunity from federal laws?by RTAmerica 26,766 views
- 2:32 Just Label It - the GMO labeling song by Mike Adams, the Health Rangerby TheHealthRanger 27,142 views
- 23:59 Big Pharma: Runaway Criminality and Fraudby TheAlexJonesChannel 9,885 views
- 8:52 If We Don't Get Government Under Control The Future For My Kids & Your Kids IS NOT GONNA BE THERE!by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 1,244 views
- 9:39 Is Monsanto Evil?by TheYoungTurks 116,328 views
- 7:04 What is Genetically Modified Food?by AbbyMediaRoots 307,766 views
- 7:47 Does Being Wealthy Make People Less Ethical & Less Compassionate?by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 1,227 views
- 6:09 Genetically Modified Food Label Initiative Failing - Why?by The Young Turks 53,813 views
- 33:18 Jeffrey Smith's GMO update, July 2012 - covers latest research, GMO labeling and moreby TheHealthRanger's channel 5,146 views
- 10:03 Monsanto: Extinctionby sowhtttt's channel 111,376 views
- 9:59 Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Storyby Sun Zoo 386,803 views
- Loading more suggestions...