Inside the Action with Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team at GRC Texas 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 15, 2012
Catch more Subaru Rally and Rallycross photo galleries, videos, and updates from the team at http://www.subaru.com/rally
There was certainly no shortage of excitement during race day at round two of the 2012 Global RallyCross in Fort Worth, Texas. While SUBARU PUMA RallyCross Team USA was kept off the podium, they were front and center for much of the drama throughout the day's racing.
In the first heat, Sverre Isachsen led the pack off the line and drove his #11 Subaru WRX STI with vigor to secure a spot in the Main event with a second place finish in his heat. SUBARU PUMA RallyCross Team USA's Bucky Lasek finished fourth in the same heat and was seated in one of the two Last Chance Qualifiers (LCQ). Dave Mirra in the #40 WRX STI was also placed in an LCQ, where he put up a tough fight and finished in second position, just a few seconds short of advancing to the final.
Bucky Lasek provided the greatest spectacle of the heat races, and possibly the event, during the running of the LCQ B. After a tight start, Lasek was chasing Liam Doran whose ailing car was leaking fluids and slowing. After Lasek chased Doran through the chicane, Doran ducked to the left as though he was pulling off, Lasek went for the pass only to have Doran pull back in during the lead-up to the narrow steel jump. Having braked hard to avoid the car in front him, Lasek felt he had scrubbed too much speed to clear the jump and made the split decision to abort the jump and drive off the side of it. In an amazing maneuver more suited to a skateboard than his #80 Subaru WRX STI, Lasek rode the water barrier beside the jump on two wheels and stuck the landing!
Sverre Isachsen entered the 10-car Main event with the podium in his sights. Starting in the 2ndrow, the Viking Warrior muscled his way forward through the pack off the start and got alongside Marcus Gronholm. The two collided when Gronholm tried to duck into the Shortcut through Isachsen. The impact forced Isachsen unwillingly into the Shortcut and the sent him sideways into the grass, but he stayed on the throttle and continued, losing several positions in the process. Things really got tricky on the next lap when Isachsen was slowed by another competitor as they approached the jump "We were heading towards the big jump, when the car in front of me suddenly braked. I had two choices; I could hit him and crash both cars, or I could brake! I braked and stopped just before the end of the jump as I would not have cleared the gap," explained Isachsen. The race was red flagged and Global Rallycross Officials would restart the Main but denied Isachsen the opportunity to continue in the event due to stopping on the jump. Isachsen pleaded with the Officials to no avail. Sverre remained confident in his decision and his future campaign in the #11 Subaru WRX STI as he stated, "I don't understand why I wasn't allowed to start again. All I did was try to avoid a big crash. But on the positive side the car was awesome today, and I'm really looking forward to the next race which is a part of X Games."
X Games 18 kicks off in Los Angeles on June 28 and runs through July 1. Similar to last year, the RallyCross course will run on the streets of downtown L.A. in the vicinity of the Staples Center.
Standard YouTube License
- 47:31 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2012 Round 2 Texasby WRCforevaFeatured 60,076
- 5:17 High-speed ride with Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins at STPR 2012by Subaru 96,050 views
- 7:10 Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team Battles in GRC Debut at Charlotteby Subaru 33,938 views
- 5:28 Subaru Isle of Man TT Record Attemptby Subaru of America 1,577,952 views
- 1:45 Bucky Lasek Rail Grinds his Subaru PUMA Rallycross STI at GRC Texasby Subaru 22,419 views
- Rallycross 32,082 videos379
- 1:16:31 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2012 Round 1 Charlotteby WRCforeva 183,396 views
- 1:37 X Games Rally POV: Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team's Sverre Isachsen wins his Heat.by Subaru of America 13,610 views
- 30:30 Rally Cross X Games 2013 All Racesby I WISH I WAS FREE OF THIS!!!! 13,996 views
- 5:09 Isachsen Reaches Podium at Rd.5 of the 2012 Global RallyCross Championshipby Subaru 17,457 views
- 49:41 [HD] Global Rallycross Championship 2012 - Texas (Full)by EdwinTV9's channel 171,762 views
- 2:56 GRC+POV: Onboard with Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team in Charlotteby Subaru of America 21,283 views
- 1:23:07 [HD] Global Rallycross Championship 2012 - Los Angeles (Full Race)by NARLtv 32,556 views
- 1:35:01 X Games RallyCross 2012 Los Angelesby WRCforeva 1,098,839 views
- 3:29 Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team race to the finals at GRC SEMA Las Vegasby Subaru of America 11,482 views
- 19:30 Tommi Makinen's WRC Subaru on the Touge - Get Schooled by Makinen! - Hot Version Internationalby GT Channel 1,060,713 views
- 2:28 X Games 2012 - Toomas "Topi" Heikkinen RallyCross Crashby CraveOnline.com 256,682 views
- 4:12 [SUBARU] The history of SUBARUby SubaruGlobalTV 78,811 views
- 2:32 Global RallyCross 2012 Charlotte Ken Block crash heat 1by Jonathan Nascar 125,699 views
- 8:56 2012 Subaru WRX STI: The Best Sports Car for the Money? - Ignition Episode 17by MotorTrend 948,154 views
- 7:40 Hoon Kaboom TX 2012 - Global Rally Cross Championshipby Jeff Easterling 6,170 views
- Loading more suggestions...