Martti Ahtisaari vs. Expert on International Law
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 7, 2010
Despicable as it sounds, what Martti Ahtisaari is really saying on this occasion of him receiving the Nobel Peace Prize in December 2008, is that he implemented the policies of the same states that bombed Serbia and Yugoslavia in 1999. Or in other words: "we fooled the Serbs into these negotiations and said to the Albanians that they would get independence even if they were to blame for them not coming to a reach acceptable to both parties." With this being said, the Albanian delegation refused to autonomy higher than any international standard anywhere in the world.
This was possible only because the politicians in Belgrade don't want to rule the Kosovo Albanians, which is a fact they have repeated and made clear but one which Martti Ahtisaari does not mention here. Their interest is only to preserve their country's sovereignty and territorial integrity and no one in Belgrade could care less about controlling the lives of two million Albanians. This has never been possible nor has it ever been the case, not even during the decade long rule of Slobodan Milošević despite the view many people might hold of this.
But luckily, there are always those who stand up for the truth. David Jacobs, a Lawyer and expert on international law, lays waste to myths such as that Kosovo's autonomy was revoked in 1989, when in fact Albanians had cultural autonomy on a level higher than many other minorities in Europe. This is illustrated by the fact that they had their own newspapers and other media, without any restrictions from the Serbian authorities whatsoever.
The thing was that the Albanian leaders saw it differently. As far as they were concerned, "Kosova" was already an independent state so they had no reason to negotiate with Belgrade - then as now. This is where the myth about "underground schools and hospitals" and even "apartheid" originates from. It was only a parallel society that they had created voluntarily, the same way they voluntarily refused to vote in the elections of a country which everyone except the Albanians in Kosovo recognized as a real state with that province as an integral part of that state with its internationally recognized borders.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:02 Joe Biden Acts Hysterical Over the Serbsby Spasoje Dragicevic4,495 views
- 3:18 Kapetan Dragan i Vojislav Šešelj nisu se slagaliby Spasoje Dragicevic159,545 views
- 5:58 Šešelj o leševima u centru SAJ-aby Spasoje Dragicevic97,989 views
- 2:24 Šešelj o proterivanju Albance "preko Prokletija"by Spasoje Dragicevic46,833 views
- 9:16 Slobodan Jovanović, bivši dir. TANJUG-a, 4/9 20. 3. 2010. kosovo đinđić milošević koštunicaby robot3811,277 views
- 7:40 Albanian Propaganda Against Montenegro in the U.S. Senateby Spasoje Dragicevic4,922 views
- 3:49 Шешељ - Обрачунаћу се са хитлеровцима!by SrsOrgRs44,620 views
- 29:47 Meet the Leader -- Interview with H.E. Martti Ahtisaari, Former President of Finlandby UongoziInstitute544 views
- 3:27 Karadžić o imenovanju Mladića za komandanta Glavnog Štababy Spasoje Dragicevic27,493 views
- 8:39 Дуел Шешеља и Ђинђића, део 2/7by SrsOrgRs102,978 views
- 2:44 Šešelj o svojoj inteligenciji (IQ) na 240by Spasoje Dragicevic410,945 views
- 3:42 Albanian Motor Mouth Shirley Cloyesby Spasoje Dragicevic2,426 views
- 2:33 Joseph DioGuardi on Serbian-Soviet Secret Allienceby Spasoje Dragicevic2,816 views
- 4:09 Novak Djokovic about Kosovoby Zoran Grbić529,251 views
- 5:33 Kissinger for Greater Serbia and Justifies the Siege of Sarajevoby Spasoje Dragicevic111,823 views
- 2:45 David Hackworth Admires Serbian Defienceby Spasoje Dragicevic26,169 views
- 7:26 Slobodan Milošević i koncept Velike Srbijeby Spasoje Dragicevic158,546 views
- 1:19 Joe Biden Compares the Serbs with Nazisby Spasoje Dragicevic10,120 views
- 3:07 Vojislav Šešelj o Papi Jovan Pavle IIby Spasoje Dragicevic350,870 views
- 1:32 Ratko Mladić Dismisses Greater Serbia in 1992by Spasoje Dragicevic10,632 views
- Loading more suggestions...